General Operative - Home Energy Services
- Competitive Rates
- 22 Days Annual Leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor, specialising in the maintenance and design and construction of Electrical and Telecommunications infrastructure and retrofit homes across Ireland.
TLI Group’s continued growth has been achieved by gaining new and repeat business through building on a solid reputation in the delivery of projects to the highest standard and through forming very strong and valued client relationships.
Our teams have offices in Northern Ireland, Great Britain and Ireland.
This position will initially be based from Tralee or Limerick and cover the whole of Ireland. Therefore travel is required with overnight stays. .
The successful candidate will be supporting Plasterers and Carpenters handling all aspects of upgrading the customers home. This could be roofing work, attic and cavity wall insulation, windows and door installations, along with other elements of the retrofit.
Ideally an experience General Operative with a full EU driving license with the right to wok in Ireland. Ideally Safepass and Manual Handling.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company, working as part of a dynamic design team.
- You must work under the control of the Supervisor.
- Undertake the duties of a General Operative as directed.
- You must hold the correct Safe Pass certificate for the machine being operated and maintain this qualification for the length of your employment with TLI Group
- You have total responsibility for your machine and the actions taken when using the machine
- You must operate within the capabilities of the machine
- You are required to participate in any training offered by TLI Group.
- You must make proper use of all machinery, tools, substances, etc. and of all personal protective equipment provided for use at work.
- You must report any defects in the place of work, equipment, etc. which might endanger safety and health.
- You must cooperate with your Supervisor, to observe all precautions highlighted by him and to carry out all precautions precisely.
- You must not start work until you are given a positive instruction to do so by your Supervisor especially on customer works.
- You must contribute to, and have a full understanding of the on-site safety documentation. (DSRA, etc).
- You must be able to explain the safety documentation to any auditor on request.
- You must be competent at each task you perform (you must have sufficient knowledge training and experience to work safely) and to discuss any uncertainty you have in this regard with your supervisor, before attempting to do any work.
- You must refuse to carry out any unsafe practices. If you deem it to be unsafe you have the right to refuse until a safe method of completing the task has been proposed either by your, Supervisor, Safety Department
- You must look after tools and equipment supplied by TLI Group
- You are required to report any defective equipment back to stores or the garage and not use them until fixed (Hand tools, Power tools, Machinery, PPE etc…)
- You must look after tidiness of van and site (Good Housekeeping)
- You are required to make sure that copies of all of the necessary certificates for the machine are always present in the machine and are kept up to date. You must also have a full understanding of the certificates.
The Ideal Candidate
- Full EU driving license.
- Manual Handling
- Safe Pass Card
- First Aid would be an advantage.
- 2 Years recent & relevant experience
- Ability to take instruction.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork