Human Resource Officer
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
TLI GROUP is seeking a HR Graduate for this broad and varied role that covers all facets of Human Resources on a 15 Month FTC. The individual will be responsible for supporting the business as it relates to all generalist HR tasks within the company’s HR function.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the HR team as it relates to all administration tasks within the company’s HR functions. This is a valued and diverse role in a busy environment and would support a person who enjoys being an integral member of a vibrant team in a fast-paced environment. This role will be based in Abbeydorney, Tralee, Co Kerry and will evolve to include trips to other offices from which TLI projects may be operating, For this reason, a valid driver’s license is required.
Whilst very firmly responsible for contributing to the HR team’s overall success, this position will require a degree of independent working, so confidence and excellent judgement is essential. This position also requires a very high degree of organisational skills and attention to detail as well as strong I.T. skills.
This position is one of assistance to both colleagues and management and will require patience, diplomacy, respect and a commitment to confidentiality. We consider these traits to be as relevant as experience, skills or qualifications.
TLI Group’s values are Safety, Customers, Delivery, Flexibility, People and Teamwork. We are therefore looking for colleagues who can work with us in these areas.
The HR graduate will join the existing team, paying particular attention to the delivery and roll out of our HR Programs.
- Heavily involved in the implementation and delivery of the HR system (SAGE people).
- Be a key player on the project team to successfully deliver the HR system to the business as per agreed timelines. Phase 1 has been completed; phase 2 implementation is underway.
- Responsible for the liaison with payroll to ensure absences, salary changes and all elements pertaining to wages are captured.
- Absence Management and working with the departmental heads to ensure absences are appropriately managed.
- Data analytics as per the business needs. Run weekly & monthly reports from SAGE people.
- Ensure probationary periods are completed in line with business requirements.
- Administration of the relevant pension schemes.
- Audit support to ensure compliance to employment standards.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
The aim of the HR Officer is to support the leadership teams and individuals across all site with HR support, legal and process advice.
To support the learning & development, recruitment and retention of staff across TLI Group as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 7/8 Degree in HR
- SAGE people experience is an advantage
- Full drivers licence
- Relevant HR experience
- Employment Law
- HR Legislation and ER practices in a unionised environment
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel)
- HR Systems
• Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel (Med - Advanced), and Outlook
• Continue to develop Human Resource skills and knowledge
• Grow knowledge of Irish and UK Employment Law
• Commercially astute
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
• Committed to TLI Group’s Mission, Vision, Values and Business Objectives
• Customer focus;
• Professional; Honesty and Integrity
• Positive and flexible approach
• Open to innovation and collaboration
• “Right first-time” approach, Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
• Personal accountability and pride in one’s work / Professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.