- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
As part of the growing Engineering Team here at TLI Group we are seeking a Design Technician to join us to work on recently awarded design contracts associated with a number of transmission and distribution grid connection projects.
Travel to and from site on occasion will also be required.
The successful candidate will provide AutoCAD/GIS/Revit design support to the TLI Group Engineering Department They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the design of transmission and distribution networks.
Previous experience (5 years minimum) in a role requiring significant AutoCAD/GIS/Revit expertise is necessary. Design experience in the utilities sector, while being an advantage, will not be essential as on the job training will take place.
Main duties include the following;
- AutoCAD/GIS/Revit support to TLI Group - Completion where necessary of on-site surveys, survey drawings, architectural & engineering design drawings and work generally associated with the design of grid connections and all associated infrastructure
- In executing company work, knowledge of requirements of ISO 9001, ISO14001 & ISO 45001 will be required and previous experience of associated procedures will be a considerable advantage.
- Preparation of utility mapping and integration of mapping with GIS systems
- Compilation of planning applications & section 5 exemption applications where required
- Attendance at meetings remote from TLI Group Head Office if required
- Tender Submissions - assistance in relation to document compilation etc
- Processing of survey and utility data (2D & 3D) in multiple formats (AutoCAD, GIS, Revit, Civil 3D).
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course.
• Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
• Proficient use and knowledge of software such as AutoCAD/GIS/Revit
• Experience in people and line leadership
• Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
• Commercially astute
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
• Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
• Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
• Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
• Positive and flexible approach
• Open to innovation and collaboration
• Right first-time approach
• Proactive with the ability to think ahead
• Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivaled safety, quality and professionalism
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.