Junior Health & Safety Officer
- Competitive Rates of Pay.
- 22 Days Annual Leave.
- Sick pay after completion of probation.
- Company Phone & Laptop.
- Company Van.
- Employee Referral Scheme - €500 Referral Fee
- Take part in our “Career Pathway Programme”, where there is an emphasis on training & career development.
- Opportunity to progress your career within a growing company.
- Supports to achieve chartered membership.
- Chartered membership fees covered by TLI Group.
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation.
- Employee membership for our LAYA EAP Programme - 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health Insurance Discount.
- Death In Service Payment.
- Participate in our monthly HSQE & Driving Performance Awards.
- TLI Group can offer support to improve your English Language skills, by enrolling you in a local language school.
- Standard industry training provided.
Due to continued growth of our Telecoms Department, TLI Group are recruiting for a Junior HSE Officer for our expanding team, based out of our Limerick office. Reporting to the HSE Manager, the Junior HSE Officer will assist the HSE team to ensure operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day.
Being a HSE Officer in the telecoms industry is a challenging but hugely rewarding career choice. Your daily activities will involve working with multidisciplinary crews such as civils, fibre cabling, fibre splicing, overhead lines, traffic management, surveying & in-home installations.
TLI Group have nationwide awards building Fibre Networks throughout Ireland. Our Telecoms team is based out of our Limerick HQ, but travel to and from site will form part of the role.
We design, build and maintain vital services, connecting people on behalf of our customers.
- Responsible to the HSE Manager for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day.
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and implemented to control them too as low as reasonably possible.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner
- Conduct field audits across all TLI Group Telecoms project.
- Conduct joint field audits with Project Management team, Health and Safety Manager and Supervisors as required.
- Present proposals for remedial action re - deviations found in audits. This may range in briefings to staff on work methods, removal of tools/ equipment from teams, informing the garage of repairs that are required, and follow up to client / other client personnel for work method clarification and notification of particular concerns to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Provide technical assistance to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Assistance with onsite management of health & safety with site supervisors.
- Liaison with team / other Client safety personnel on various technical issues including: training on work methods, clarification on any aspect of works etc.
- Review of paperwork submitted by work crews.
- Visit work sites to conduct a risk assessment prior to work taking place where a particular hazard(s) has been identified by a Planner. This may also involve being present during the works to monitor and assist in the control of identified hazards.
- Audit first aid box contents, the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment and other such elements on site as required.
- Attendance and active participation at Supervisor meetings, Health & Safety Committee meetings and SSE monthly meetings or other client meetings as required.
- Preparation of Health & Safety Plans, risk assessments and method statements for projects as required.
- Involvement in the delivery of new employee or sub contractor inductions.
- Inputting and maintenance of records.
- Preparation and delivery of training.
- Ongoing promotion of H&S culture and safe working practices.
- Statistical analysis of health & safety statistics, i.e. near misses, audit findings, accident history etc. and presentation of findings.
- Filing of project paperwork as required.
- Be a contact point for dealing with hazards, accidents or incidents.
- Assistance with accident investigations including the production of subsequent reports and recommendations.
- Any other administrative and H&S duties relating to the H&S department as they may occur - including but not limited to: preparation of TLI books; updating of TLI Safety Statement and other safety documentation; updating of TLI emergency procedures; design of safety audit sheet; preparation and delivery of MS Powerpoint presentations for TLI annual health and safety day; safety surveys; design and ordering of safety signage etc.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant qualification in Health and Safety
- Relevant Technical Qualification
- Manual Handling
- Safe Pass
- Driving License
- Several recent & relevant experience
- Risk Assessing
- Health and Safety investigations
- HASAW Act
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Very good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Working within HSE within Telecoms, Construction & Electrical industry
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach.
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
- Committed to TLI Group Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.