HV Project Manager
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
- Employee Referral Scheme
Due to recent expansion and a increase in available contracts, we are very pleased to be resourcing a HV Project Manager within the substation division to help develop this department, and to assist in its continued growth.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Responsible for the delivery of the Electrical Engineering portion of the company business plan in line with our Mission, Vision, Values and Policies
- Serve as a member of the TLI Group Project Management Team
- Manage and prioritise own workload taking into account your own objectives and those of the wider team
- Create, maintain and enhance working relationships with key contacts across the Group
- Supporting the specification, development and implementation of policies and processes to address function relevant issues
- Responsible to the Electrical Engineering Manager for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of “Everyone Home Safe Every Day”
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are fit for purpose and reviewed regularly
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and that management systems are in place to control them to as low as reasonably possible.
- Ensure the company behavioural safety programme “Home Safe” is implemented for all direct reports
- Ensure a system of verification is in place in line with company procedure
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving keys measures in relation to HSQE
- Ensure accidents and incidents are investigated and reported in a timely manner
- Ensure employees and contractors receive training, HSQE Briefs, safety documentation, uniforms and PPE relevant to their tasks and positions
- Ensuring that delegated work is correctly planned, resourced, executed in accordance with client specifications standards, agreed work methodology, relevant legislation, technical, safety and environmental standards
- Ensure that a full report is made to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis detailing HSQE performance.
- Co-ordinating the delivery for all electrical operational activities associated with Design, Installation and commissioning of substations, reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for managing client expectations
- Attendance to regular progress meetings with clients as required.
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installations, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Travel to sites for site reviews and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical system audits, and start-up as needed.
- Comply with the safety legislation, working in HV Stations requires PSDP as there is specific risk. Where required you will be the representative of the PSDP
- Design review, approval and input into substation electrical Design process.
- Responsible for completing Performance development reviews for all direct reports.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as an Degree or Trade Qualifications
- > 5 Years’ experience managing substation electrical Installations from MV-110 kV.
- > 5 Years’ experience working in a utility environment
- Knowledge of HV Safety Rules
- Knowledge of PSDP/PSCS
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector.
- Experience within the role of Document Controller
- Proficient in MS Project
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision & Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Attention to Detail, Communication & Social Skills
- Problem assessment, Creative problem solving, Interpersonal skills, Leadership abilities, Teambuilding and supervision, Oral and written communication skills
- Report and document preparation, Records management, Inventory management, Time management, Scheduling, Decision making, Prioritisation, Planning, Detail oriented
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, and the UK.
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.