Fibre Construction Supervisor
- Competitive Rates of Pay.
- 22 Days Annual Leave.
- Sick pay after completion of probation.
- Company Phone & Laptop.
- Company vehicle.
- Employee Referral Scheme - €500 Referral Fee
- Take part in our “Career Pathway Programme”, where there is an emphasis on training & career development.
- Opportunity to progress your career within a growing company.
- Supports to achieve chartered membership.
- Chartered membership fees covered by TLI Group.
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation.
- Employee membership for our LAYA EAP Programme - 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health Insurance Discount.
- Death In Service Payment.
- Participate in our monthly HSQE & Driving Performance Awards.
- TLI Group can offer support to improve your English Language skills, by enrolling you in a local language school.
- Standard industry training provided.
Due to continued growth of our Telecoms Department, TLI Group are recruiting for a Fibre Construction Supervisor for our expanding Telecoms Department, based out of our Limerick office. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Fibre Construction Supervisor will coordinate the fibre crews ensuring the timely delivery of a major telecommunications projects.
Coordinating the work activities of the fibre crews, involves advanced scheduling of the works ensuring first time completion of the tasks. Liaising directly with design and operations teams to ensure approvals for the works are in place. Communication with end uses and the network control centre to notify them in advance of works commencing on-site.
Being a fibre construction supervisor in the telecoms industry is a challenging but hugely rewarding career choice. TLI Group have nationwide awards building Fibre Networks throughout Ireland.
Our Telecoms team is based out of our Limerick HQ, but travel to and from site will also be required on a weekly basis. Company vehicle and hotel accommodation will be provided as required.
TLI Group offer a full turnkey service utilising the latest in design software tools to provide a thorough technical design and build solution that assures the lowest optimum cost, while ensuring we meet challenges, manage the risk and strive to meet our client requirements.
We design, build and maintain vital services, connecting people on behalf of our customers.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules.
- Work together with the Project Manager, Project Engineering Coordinator and Fibre Manager on the day to day running of the project.
- Ensuring that delegated work is correctly planned, resourced, executed in accordance with client specifications standards, agreed work methodology, relevant legislation, technical, safety and environmental standards.
- Validating splice plans, SLD’s and work packs prior to issuing to the field crews.
- Assist the field teams with cabling, fibre splicing and end to end testing.
- Track and resolve build and NOC issues via smartsheet.
- Submission of change request and POP access requests.
- Compilation of patching plans for new build network.
- Compilation and validation of end to end test results for handovers.
- Providing assistance to the Project Manager for the financial and programme performance for the Project.
- Ensure that projects are operated in line with the tender prices submitted and tender estimates.
- Tracking and Analysing crew daily out-puts and report same to wider team.
- Liaise with appointed commercial staff regularly for cost control purposes / profit and loss reviews.
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure change management processes to capture change are enforced on all projects in line with commercial change procedures.
- Work together with the Project Manager to ensure that project team(s) are in place for new contract(s).
- Ensure adequate notification is provided to third parties in advance of works starting on-site.
- Update RAMS as required and issue to third parties as requested.
- Minimise travel time for site personnel as much as possible.
- Implementation and tracking of Programmes for all Work Elements in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Client account management liaising on quality and environmental performance. Updating trackers and reports where required.
- Compilation and filing of all Quality Audits.
- Trending analysis from audits to eliminate quality and environmental issues.
- Ensuring compliance with disposal of waste materials – all records to be collated for future auditable purposes.
- Issuing of required remedial works to relevant disciplines and tracking completion of same.
- Establish “What Good Looks Like” for current contracts and provide evidence of compliance and customer satisfaction for all disciplines.
- Distributing relevant documents to site and subcontractors. Control and track all project quality related documentation. Monitoring the information flow between the Project Team and external parties.
- Show personal accountability and result oriented behaviour at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in the fibre industry required.
- Experience in splicing, testing and fault finding on the fibre network.
- Experience in project planning, ideally in telecoms, however other industries will also be considered.
- Comfortable using a range of technology tools (training will be provided).
- Sound Knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Analytical, detail oriented, high level of flexibility with willingness to learn/develop.
- Ability to prioritise tasks & work to tight deadlines
- Good visual and spatial awareness combined with well-developed technical and creative skills
- Commercial awareness.
- The ability to be able to read network maps.
- Very good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a Team.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
- A problem solver, comfortable with uncertainty and providing solutions at speed.
- Methodical organisation & task prioritisation skills.
- Influential of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Right first time approach.
- Open to innovation and collaboration.
- Understand people, cares about quality, and embraces change.
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity.
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.