Senior Design Engineer - Substation Electrical
- 22 days holidays
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
- Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
Due to continued expansion TLI Group is now seeking a Senior Design Engineer to become part of TLI Groups ever growing Electrical Division. This position will require travel to sites in the Republic of Ireland.
- Equipment design including Generator, Uninterruptible Power Supplier, Switchgear, Transformers and Earthing Systems.
- Drawing preparation & detailing (AutoCAD, MicroStation, EPLAN).
- Development of Control & Protection schematics, wiring schedules and material specification
- Preparation of Electrical plant drawings and Single Line Diagrams
- Designing Mechanical and Electrical services
- Ensure compliance with IEC, EU requirements and building codes.
- Define project scope and provide technical support for the information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
- Completion of as builts, once commissioning has been completed
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Travel to sites for site reviews and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical system audits, and start-up as needed.
- Involvement with the pre-commissioning process
- Comply with the safety legislation, working in HV Stations requires PSDP as there is specific risk. Where required you will be the representative of the PSDP
- Completion of Design Risk Assessment & Preliminary H&S Plan
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a Degree course or relevant industry experience
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector
- Ability to evidence recent relevant senior & people leadership experience
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, and the UK.
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.