Workplacement - Engineering
What can TLI Group offer you during your Work Placement:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Pay increments at 6 months and 12 months of service
- 22 Days annual leave.
- Sick pay after completion of probation.
- Company phone & laptop.
- Upon successful completion of work placement, opportunity to secure fulltime employment after final year of university.
- Opportunity to progress your career within a growing company.
- Employee membership for our LAYA EAP Programme - 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Standard industry training provided.
At TLI Group, we take great pride in our continued support for our local Universities and their students, by offering additional work placement opportunities for the 2022/2023 academic year. Our work placement opportunities with immediate starts, allow students to further enhance their skills and knowledge in a real workplace environment.
In our Telecoms Department, based out of Limerick, we have positions available to suit most built environment courses: -
· Civil Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering
· Electrical Engineering
· Architectural Technology
· Construction Management
Work Placement position in the telecoms industry is a challenging but hugely rewarding career choice. TLI Group have nationwide awards building Fibre Networks throughout Ireland. Our team is based is out of our Limerick HQ, but travel to and from site on occasion will also form part of the role.
We design, build and maintain vital services, connecting people on behalf of our customers.
General duties as part of the operations team
- Work together with the Project Manager and Operations Manager on the day to day running of the project.
- Providing assistance to the Project Manager for the financial and programme performance for the Project.
- Tracking and Analysing crew daily out-puts and report same to wider team.
- Liaise with appointed commercial staff regularly for cost control purposes / profit and loss reviews.
- Work together with the Project Manager to ensure that project team(s) are in place for new contract(s).
- Ensure adequate notification is provided to third parties in advance of works starting on-site.
- Update RAMS as required and issue to third parties as requested.
- Maintaining and Updating of the Reinstatement Tracker.
- Liaison with Local Authority as required.
- Distributing relevant documents to site and subcontractors. Control and track all project quality related documentation. Monitoring the information flow between the Project Team and external parties.
- Provide assistance to the operations team by identifying private wayleave and customer access issues.
- Assisting site crews with fibre rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required.
General duties as part of the design team
- Study the design brief provided and prepare provisional design mapping.
- Early identification and resolution of all special engineering difficulties.
- Review all survey outputs, survey packs and data logging.
- Identification of Archaeological & Environmental data for design areas.
- Identification of required site investigations and duct routes to be proven.
- Complete all fibre design related work on AutoCAD & ArcGIS.
- Typical design related outputs consist of Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of Quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering;
- Assisting site crews with FTTB rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required.
- Issuing of cabling and fibre workpacks to the crews in the field.
- Tracking and validating as-built information.
- Assist the Fibre Coordinator in preparing any information for handover packs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Strong maths skills and a creative flair and design ability.
- Analytical, detail oriented, high level of flexibility with willingness to learn/develop.
- Very good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a Team.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A problem solver, comfortable with uncertainty and providing solutions at speed.
- Methodical organisation & task prioritisation skills.
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Right first time approach.
- Open to innovation and collaboration.
- Understand people, cares about quality, and embraces change.
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity.
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.