The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Limerick
Civils Supervisor - Telecoms
What can TLI Group offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- 22 Days annual leave.
- Sick pay after completion of probation.
- Opportunity to progress your career within a growing company.
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation.
- Employee membership for our LAYA EAP Programme - 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health Insurance Discount.
- Death In Service Payment.
- Participate in our monthly HSQE & Driving Performance Awards.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Standard industry training provided.
Due to continued growth of our Telecoms Department, TLI Group are recruiting Civils Supervisors to join the team. The Civils Supervisor will work on our National Broadband Plan Project.
- Responsible for all Crews compliance to HSQE.
- Complete on-site surveys in advance of the poling, tree trimming and civils crews to plan and amend the design where required for cost effective solutions.
- Observe the fibre drop and fibre build to ensure that the pre-works enable the deployment of the fibre cable and that the homes are droppable post the main build.
- Survey the Eir OH & UG network as required to provide engineering solutions to the Fibre Network Planners.
- Ensure that all crews (Poling, Tree Trimming and Civils) have work packs issued in a logical and timely manner.
- Ensure that materials are available to the crews to conduct the works.
- Liaise with the local authority and NBI’s COW for specific reinstatements and works practices.
- Liaise with other stakeholders including Open Eir, ESBN, ENET etc. to ensure that works are completed to their required standards.
- Analysing the build map for all constraints and blockers to ensure that all works are coordinated and closed out in a timely manner so as not to delay the deployment of fibre.
- Formulate programmes with the Construction Manager and track the progress on site.
- Mitigate reworks and reduce travel time for crews by working closely with the Fibre Planners so that Cl12’s, NBIQ’s and Cl40’s are closed out in a timely manner.
- Supervise the day to day activities of Tree Trimming, Poling and Civils resource.
- Work collaboratively with the Pre-Works Supervisors, Fibre Planners, Senior FLM and the Construction Manager to ensure that when resources are shared they are deployed to their optimum capacity.
- Propose design solutions to remove electrical conflicts, congestion on poles, NBIQ’s.
- Negotiate and communicate with internal departments and external customers.
- Raise RFI’s onto the build map.
- Deliver HSQE Briefs to direct reports and sub-contractors.
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience in the utilities industry leading sub-contractors and direct crews
• SLG & LUGs
• Experience with OH and UG power line works
• Experienced with all types of civil builds
• Evidence of several consistent successes within the Utilities sector
• Ability to mentor and train trainees and inexperienced Personnel
• Experience in people and line leadership
• Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
• Commercially astute
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
• Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
• Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
• Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
• Positive and flexible approach
• Open to innovation and collaboration
• Right first time approach
• Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
• Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork