The job has expired.
TLI Energy UK LTD has developed a larger portfolio of work and to add to this we now require a Cable Jointer to undertake jointing activities at LV / HV / EHV as defined for the SSE Contract. This role will cover the South East of England and the individual needs to be flexible on their locations be able to drive daily to the work site.
• Cable jointing work in connection with the construction, reinforcement, alteration, replacement and repair of electricity distribution network assets up to 33kV.
• Work with OHL / Fitter craftsmen as required to aid productivity.
• Undertake works in line with TLI Group values; Safety, Customer, Delivery. Flexibility, People, Teamwork.
• Location and identification of underground cables.
• Test insulation, voltage, phasing, phase rotation and continuity on LV cables
• Comply with the relevant Health & Safety legislation, and protect your own safety as well as the safety of anyone who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• Assess site risks and remove / minimise / avoid those risks.
• Record asset routes, joint positions / plant details etc.
• Carryout network switching operations on LV systems.
• Ensure that you are in a condition of suitable fitness and health to attend to a task in a safe manner. If you feel incapacitated in any way you must report this to your Supervisor.
• Cooperate with TLI with regard to Safety Health and Welfare at work.
• Assess the potential impact of work activities to customers and minimise negative impact activities
• Refrain from any improper conduct that could endanger your safety or that of others.
• Participate in any training offered by the employer.
• Be authorised to receive Permits to Work and explain the safety documentation to any auditor on request.
• Make proper use of all machinery, tools, substances, etc. and of all personal protective equipment provided for use at work.
• Be competent at each task you perform (you must have sufficient knowledge training and experience to work safely) and to discuss any uncertainty you have in this regard with your supervisor, before attempting to do any work.
• Report any defects in the place of work, equipment, etc. which might endanger safety and health.
• Contribute to, and have a full understanding of the onsite safety documentation. (Risk Assessment, Records, Polarity sheets as defined by the HSQE Department)
• Refuse to carry out any unsafe practices. If you deem it to be unsafe you have the right to refuse until a safe method of completing the task has been proposed either by your PICW, Supervisor, Safety Department
• Must look after tools and equipment supplied by TLI
• Report any defective equipment back to stores or the garage and not use them until fixed (Hand tools, Power tools, Machinery, PPE etc…)
• Must look after tidiness of van and site (Good Housekeeping)
The Ideal Candidate
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience of live LV cable jointing and dead jointing on LV / HV networks.
• SSEN current authorisations and approvals.
• NRSWA Accreditation.
• Full UK Driving Licence
Working on networks and associated equipment.
Health and Safety.
Acceptable level if English language both verbal and written.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Form completing and audits.
Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
Positive and flexible approach
Honesty and Integrity
About The Company
TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivaled safety, quality and professionalism
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.