Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on career development
Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
Sick pay after completion of probation
We are currently recruiting for Design Engineers & Design Technicians for our expanding team working on fibre optic/telecoms projects initially in the Munster region but with scope for expansion into other areas within Ireland and abroad.
This is a permanent position with a Tier 1 main contractor focusing on the Civils aspect of fibre network roll-outs. This role is based primarily in TLI Group’s Limerick office but may require occasional travel within Ireland and abroad.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively contribute as a member of the design team, helping to ensure projects are delivered to the timescales, quality and costs agreed with the client.
- Design related responsibilities relating to generating of survey drawing, design drawing, work-packs, bill of materials, bill of quantities & as-built engineering.
- Assist in the delivery of all design related duties to an exceptionally high standard.
- In conjunction with senior staff, attend onsite meetings with the client and other professionals.
- Liaise with site crews to assist with the delivery of the designs drawings.
- Preparation of work-packs for to issuing to site crews.
- Liaising with customers & the ability to gain confidence with the customer.
- Reviewing of all handover documents prior to submission to the client.
- Attend weekly design meetings to provide updated to design manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field – Level 7 / Level 8.
- Strong knowledge of and competent drafting with AutoCAD.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Knowledge and experience drafting with a GIS system (Mapinfo, Intergraph, ArcGIS etc.) an advantage but not essential.
- Ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork