The job has expired.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor, specialising in the maintenance and design and construction of Electrical and Telecommunications infrastructure.
TLI Group’s continued growth has been achieved by gaining new and repeat business through building on a solid reputation in the delivery of projects to the highest standard and through forming very strong and valued client relationships.
Our teams have offices in Northern Ireland, Great Britain and Ireland.
This position will be based at our design office in Cork.
The successful candidate will be handling all aspects of AutoCAD drawing and supporting the team with the design of Overhead Lines, underground cables, substations & associated infrastructure
A relevant qualification would be required with several years significant AutoCAD exposure. Utilities experience is not essential, but would be a distinct advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company, working as part of a dynamic design team.
Main duties include the following (this is a non-exhaustive list);
- AutoCAD support to the TLI Group - Completion where necessary of on-site surveys, survey drawings, architectural design drawings, engineering design drawings, Overhead Line design work and work generally associated with the design & construction of overhead lines.
- In executing company work, regard to the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 will be required, as directed by senior management.
- Assistance in relation to the compilation of Feasibility Studies
- Identification of Land Owners and preparation of associated mapping.
- Overhead Lines (and underground cables) - Assistance in relation to the overall design process.
- Compilation of Landowner Compensation/Land Access Agreements.
- Compilation of Planning Applications where required.
- Attendance at meetings/conferences remote from TLI Group Head Office if required.
- Tender Submissions - assistance in relation to document compilation etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience in a role requiring AutoCAD expertise is necessary. Design experience in the utilities sector, while being an advantage, will not be essential as on the job training will take place.
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork