Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on career development
Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
Sick pay after completion of probation
We are currently recruiting for our expanding team, based in our Tralee Head Officer. Working with our IT Manager this roll will be central to the growth of the company in 2019 ensuring the groups IT requirements and delivery. You will cover all remote site locations including England and Northern Ireland and across The Republic of Ireland. The ability to travel is an essential part of this role.
- Assisting the development, maintain and implementation of our ICT Strategy & develop and manage the IT budget for the TLI Group.
- Maintain all ICT services and equipment within the group. Installation and maintenance of all hardware and software. Assisting IT Manager with the development of a fully costed annual budget for all IT ensuring the regular tender and value for money on all hardware, software and third-party IT services
- Delivers IT solutions, whether application and/or infrastructure in coordinate with products and services
- Acts as key point of contact for all IT matters for the Group
- Keep abreast of current trends, developments and issues in information and communication technology, and identify implications or opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate, and address regulatory and external policies influencing information security and provide risk mitigation strategies to consistently implement compliance in the businesses and IT
- Align information security risks with business risks
- Collaborate with legal to protect personally identifiable information (PII)
- Coordinate and lead periodic assessments of TLI’s current defensive posture with relevant information security standards and intelligence, as well as to develop and issue corrective action plans to address any unauthorized exceptions or deficiencies.
- Maintain IT fault management process / service desk facility to address IT faults through traffic light escalation process.
- Carrying any other reasonable task that have been asked by your line manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Advance Certificate or Higher Certificate in related subject
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and software, installation, troubleshooting and configuration of Windows 7 and above. Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience in maintenance and installation of laptops, desktops, servers using the correct technical processes and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of network fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, TCP / IP routing.
Some Software Development and programming languages (Java, C#, SQL, Java Script) & Familiarity with ERP systems would be an distinct advantage although not essential.
- Experience in Managing People
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal & Organisational Skills
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Positive and flexible approach
- Honesty and Integrity
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.