Graduate Fibre Optic Network Designer
The job has expired.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
We are currently recruiting for our expanding Design team, based in Limerick city, working on Fibre Optic/Telecoms projects in the Munster region. Experience in specific fibre optic design is not essential as this is an ideal opportunity for those keen to develop their skills or previous experience at the cutting edge of fibre design and planning. Our team of design technicians plan fibre optic paths and produce network maps and drawings.
We invite applications from graduates and those graduating in 2019.
- The successful candidate will be expected to produce and deliver high-quality telecoms design work and complete related duties meeting targets and KPI levels as set by the Project Manager. They will be assigned a mentor within the team who will provide them with regular and objective feedback, valuable insight and support.
- The above will need to be achieved whilst observing and maintaining the company's core values and requirements in relation to quality, health and safety.
- All employees are required to contribute value to their team and to actively contributing to a harmonious working environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field – Level 7 / Level 8.
- Strong knowledge of and competent experience drafting with AutoCAD.
- High level of organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Fibre optic network design experience.
- Experience in Telecoms/utilities design and network planning.
- Knowledge and experience drafting with a GIS system (Intergraph, ArcGIS etc.).
- Qualification/experience in data communications technology or related field.
- Commercially astute
- Demonstrates active listening skills with customers and internal teams;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.