Fibre GIS Analyst
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
We are currently recruiting for our expanding Design-GIS team, based in Limerick, working on Fibre Optic/Telecoms projects in the Munster region. Liaising with operational leaders and the design team will be an integral part of the role. ArcGIS Platform exposure is a necessity in this role.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Implementation of the Quality and Environmental Project Plan
- Preparation of Spatial Datasets in relation to the Fibre network
- Preparation of maps to aid the design and build of the Fibre network
- Maintain databases for Fibre optic network and prepare new ones as required
- Perform geo-processing tasks and analysis of spatial information as required.
- Preparation of mobile applications using the ArcGIS online suite of applications.
- Aid in the development of new systems to improve efficiencies within the telecomms division
- Support design and operations team in the use of GIS applications and CAD packages.
- Develop a competent level of understanding of fibre network architectures & network topology and adherence to standards, processes and procedures for all relevant policies
- Always Show personal accountability and result oriented behaviour
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as ArcGIS, QGIS CAD, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Basic knowledge of programming (Pyton, HTML) an advantage but not a necessity
- Qualification in a relevant Field such as GIS ,engineering or similar
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Demonstrates active listening skills with customers and internal teams;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.