Overhead Line Design Engineer
This job has been closed.
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on career development
Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
Sick pay after completion of probation
We are currently recruiting for an Overhead Line Design Engineer for our expanding team working on infrastructure projects in both Ireland and the U.K.
This is a permanent position within the TLI Group Design Department focusing on both design projects for public utilities as well as private developers.
This role is based primarily in TLI Group’s Tralee or Cork office but may require occasional travel within Ireland and abroad.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivery of Overhead line design (OHL) solutions using a range of industry tools and techniques
- Carry out design of OHL transmission lines within designated regions of both UK and Ireland’s Distribution Network Operators
- Provide industry design knowledge to assist the construction and refurbishment of overhead lines according to Irish and European Standards
- In-House designs of overhead lines, new-build and refurbishment
- Feasibility Studies
- Project Management of assigned projects
- Site Visits within the UK and Ireland as required
- Attend client meetings as required
- Consider the effects on Health and Safety through the design
- Undertake and provide leadership using PLS CADD and other proprietary software for the following tasks: Production of SAG Tension Reports, Profiles and Route Drawings, Clearance Reports and Calculations, Tower Analysis, Tower Modelling, Insulator Set Design, Foundation Design, Line Profiling and Catenary Support System, Tower Setting Out, Material Quantification
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with OHL Transmission & Distribution Design in Ireland and the UK
- PLS Pole / PLS CADD – Proficient user – TOWER not essential
- Level 8 Degree Qualified
- MS Office Suite Proficient
- Excellent Team Communication Skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK and Ireland
Suitable for someone who:
- Has a “can do” attitude, thriving on solving problems
- Is always looking for opportunities in continuous improvement
- Manages projects to meet operational/service improvements, resolving issues and delivering objectives
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.