Project Manager - Design Team
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on Career development
Voluntary pension after completion of probation
Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
TLI Group Telecoms Division is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to develop and grow our Fibre Design & Planning function.
This is a permanent position with a Tier 1 main contractor focusing on the civil enablement of fibre network roll-outs.
This role is based primarily in TLI Group’s Limerick office but will require occasional travel within Ireland and abroad.
The individual will have several year experience of telecoms infrastructure role out with a significant focus on designing and will bring leadership skills to coach, develop, mentor and deliver an excellent service.
- As Project Manager of designer & planning – mentoring junior colleagues in a structured manner on FTTB design principles will form part of daily activities
- Responsibilities for lead designer - quality control and audits
- Leading all fibre design activities and provide technical expertise on all aspects of fibre design and planning
- Continually improve design systems & tools (AutoCAD, ArcGIS, FOW etc)
- Production of High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering
- Plan and design a fibre optic network utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build
- Identification of required SI’s and duct routes
- Follow through with LLD submissions and approval process with the client
- Provide technical expertise on all aspects of fibre design and planning
- Assisting site crews with FTTB rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required
- Assist design team in driving of improvement in costs, timescales and quality conducting quality control of fibre engineering designs
- Continue to develop understanding of OSP network design key drivers affecting cost in OSP network rollouts, with the ultimate goal of providing value engineering
- Site surveying and reviewing network routes
- Report on project deliverables to department manager
- Reporting of Eligibility files for your assigned Clusters: - Client, Operations, QS & FOW
- Reviewing of all handovers and signing off of the SLD eligibility file prior to submission to the client
- Manage an effective quality control and verification process for fibre design and survey outputs, including BoQ and BoM required for construction and installation
- Deliver network requirements to agreed quality of service and financial targets
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents
- Support the team responsible for obtaining consents, wayleaves and approvals
- To keep up-to-date on new fibre technologies, build techniques and design innovations to drive improvements in cost, quality and timescales
- Manage and plan own workload taking into account your own objectives and those of the wider team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector
- Ability to evidence recent relevant design experience
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, ArcGIS & FOW design tools
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.