Operations Manager - Telecoms
The job has expired.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company Van
- Laptop, Phone, Tablet
- Emphasis on career development
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Sick pay after completion of probation
A unique position has arisen for an Operations Manager in for our new North of Ireland Telecoms division based from our Tyrone operation. The locaitons this role will cover but not be exclusive to are Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Louth, Leitrim, Sligo and the 6 counties in the Northern Ireland.
This role would suit an experienced Telcoms operational manager / Project Manager who has exposure of delivering Telecoms & Electrical infrastructure projects with an approximate value to 10-15 million.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Implementation and tracking of Programmes for all Work Elements
- Appointment and management of Telecom’s staff
- Responsible for financial and programme performance for the North Ireland and programs thereof as defined by the operational director.
- Work with TLI Management team to design, grow, plan and deliver a Telecoms division for the North of Ireland
- Work with the Business Development team to identify suitable opportunities to grow the division
- Be instrumental in driving and delivery of the tender process including “bid / no bid” processes
- Develop working relations with new clients
- Take operational lead on successful bids and in their delivery and performance
- Manage cash flow working closely with the accounts and commercial departments across the North of Ireland
- Manage business and operational risk and issues through implementing risk and issue register reviews
- Liaise with appointed commercial staff regularly for cost control purposes / profit and loss reviews
- Ensure that projects are operated in line with the tender prices submitted and tender estimates
- Responsible for ensuring change management processes to ensure change's are enforced on all projects in line with commercial change procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that project team(s) or Suitably qualified Sub Contractors are in place for new contract(s)
- Carrying out performance management appraisals for all staff and audits on all subcontractors
- Overtime authorisation for all subordinate staff through direct reports
- Set Targets and KPI levels for Managers
- Minimise travel time for site personnel as much as possible
- Ensure an on-call rota / storm / emergency / escalation process is in place for Telecom’s Operations
- Client account management
- Ensure the team is in place and all relevant leadership activities are undertaken
- Take ownership for own CPD via the TLI PDP performance process and that of team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a Degree course (Civil Engineering)
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector
- Ability to evidence relevant senior & people leadership experience
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Proficient in programme formulation and impacting to same
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.