Fibre Optic Network Designer
This job has been closed.
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on Career development
Voluntary pension after completion of probation
Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
We are currently recruiting for our expanding Design team, based in Limerick, working on Fibre Optic/Telecoms projects in the Munster region. Experience in specific fibre optic design is not essential as this is an ideal opportunity for those keen to develop their skills or previous experience at the cutting edge of fibre design and planning. Our team of design technicians plan fibre optic paths and produce network maps and drawings.
The successful candidate will be expected to produce and deliver high-quality telecoms design work and complete related duties meeting targets and KPI levels as set by the Project Manager. They will be assigned a mentor within the team who will provide them with regular and objective feedback, valuable insight and support.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field – Level 7 / Level 8.
- Strong knowledge of and competent experience drafting with AutoCAD.
- High level of organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fibre optic network design experience.
- Experience in Telecoms/utilities design and network planning.
- Knowledge and experience drafting with a GIS system (Intergraph, ArcGIS etc.).
- Qualification/experience in data communications technology or related field.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.