Graduate Fibre Optic Network Designer
Coaching and Mentoring
Emphasis on career development
Potential contracts once completed degree.
We are currently recruiting for Graduate Work Placement Design Engineers & Design Technicians for our expanding team working on fibre optic/telecoms projects initially in the Munster region but with scope for expansion into other areas within Ireland and abroad.
This is a permanent position with a Tier 1 main contractor focusing on the Civils aspect of fibre network roll-outs. This role is based primarily in TLI Group’s Limerick office but may require occasional travel within Ireland and abroad.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively contribute as a member of the design team, helping to ensure projects are delivered to the timescales, quality and costs agreed with the client.
- Design related responsibilities relating to generating of survey drawing, design drawing, work-packs, bill of materials, bill of quantities & as-built engineering.
- Assist in the delivery of all design related duties to an exceptionally high standard.
- In conjunction with senior staff, attend onsite meetings with the client and other professionals.
- Liaise with site crews to assist with the delivery of the designs drawings.
- Preparation of work-packs for to issuing to site crews.
- Liaising with customers & the ability to gain confidence with the customer.
- Reviewing of all handover documents prior to submission to the client.
- Attend weekly design meetings to provide updated to design manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Placement - Year 2-3 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field – Level 7 / Level 8 Seeking Year
- Strong knowledge of and competent drafting with AutoCAD.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Knowledge and experience drafting with a GIS system (Mapinfo, Intergraph, ArcGIS etc.) an advantage but not essential.
- Ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.