General Operative - Siro Level 3
This job has been closed.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDR)
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor, specialising in the maintenance and design and construction of Electrical and Telecommunications infrastructure.
TLI Groups continued growth has been achieved by gaining new and repeat business through building on a solid reputation in the delivery of projects to the highest standard and through forming very strong and valued client relationships.
Our teams have offices in Northern Ireland, Great Britain and Ireland.
This position will initiallybe based at our in Galway site, and will move with the work.
The successful candidate will behandling all aspects of excavation to open up utilitiesand then work to assistcrews with onsite duties, excavations and installing Sub-Duct. Completing the concrete and or Tar reinstatement's.
Ideally holding a LEVEL 3 or LEVEL 1, SIRO autherisationwith aDriving Qualification CE1License with 180/360 deg excavator would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to joina rapidly expanding company, working as part of a telecomsteam.
- You must work under the control of the Supervisor.
- Undertake the duties of a General Operative excavations as directed.
- You must hold the correct Safe Pass certificate for the machine being operated and maintain this qualification for the length of your employment with TLI Group
- You have total responsibility for your machine and the actions taken when using the machine.
- You must operate within the capabilities of the machine
- You are required to participate in any training offered by TLI Group.
- You must make proper use of all machinery, tools, substances, etc. and of all personal protective equipment provided for use at work.
- You must report any defects in the place of work, equipment, etc. which might endanger safety and health.
- You must cooperate with your Supervisor, to observe all precautions highlighted by him and to carry out all precautions precisely.
- You must not start work until you are given a positive instruction to do so by your Supervisor especially on SIROworks.
- You must contribute to, and have a full understanding of the on-site safety documentation. (DSRA, Earth control sheet, Polarity sheet etc).
- You must be able to explain the safety documentation to any auditor on request.
- You must be competent at each task you perform (you must have sufficient knowledge training and experience to work safely) and to discuss any uncertainty you have in this regard with your supervisor, before attempting to do any work.
- You must refuse to carry out any unsafe practices. If you deem it to be unsafe you have the right to refuse until a safe method of completing the task has been proposed either by your, Supervisor, Safety Department
- You must look after tools and equipment supplied by TLI Group
- You are required to report any defective equipment back to stores or the garage and not use them until fixed (Hand tools, Power tools, Machinery, PPE etc)
- You must look after tidiness of van and site (Good Housekeeping)
- You must complete weekly check and fill out required forms (Safety Form 16) for any machinery you are is operating ie. digger or MEWP
- You are required to make sure that copies of all of the necessary certificates for the machine are always present in the machine and are kept up to date. You must also have a full understanding of the certificates.
The Ideal Candidate
- Siro Safety Card Level 1 and or Level 3 autherisations
- Relevant qualification & CE1License minimum
- Manual Handling
- Safe PassCard
- First Aid would be an advantage.
- IE CSCS - 180deg/360 deg excavator, MEWP would be an advantage.
- CPC if relevant
- Tachograph Card if relevant.
- 2-5 Years recent & relevant experience
- Competent in utilising variety of types of Diggers would be an advantage
- Ability to take instruction.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.