Electrical Supervisor - Electrician
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Company Vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- Computer / Tablet
The Supervisor’s primary function is to supervise a team of individuals related to their specific specialism by working alongside colleagues. The Supervisor is also required to perform all tasks allocated by the project manager in the overall function of contract requirements.
The successful individual will need to be a craft certified Electrician and hold a valid driving license as travel will be required.
- Take full ownership of all sites / teams assigned to you and to accept full responsibility for the Health & Safety, Quality and Productivity of your site/s.
- Be responsible for all actions and activities on your site/s.
- Be fully responsible for the welfare, conduct and performance of any employee allocated to your project, and you are required to manage them effectively in a way that promotes their competencies whilst working in a safe environment.
- You will be responsible for giving fair and reasonable evaluations on the performance and conduct of your employees and it is a requirement that your evaluation is consistent throughout your workforce.
- Ensure an excellent working relationship with your meter installers and associated colleagues manager.
- Ensure that all roles and responsibilities are followed.
- Organise work for your crews.
- Audit your crews as per audit schedule from safety department.
- Collect a copy of any audits carried out on your crews.
- Follow up on audits carried out on your crews.
- As the Supervisor, you may be asked to attend, along with your install engineer, meetings with senior management in regards to non-closure of audit deviations or serious breaches of TLI Group safety rules where disciplinary action may be taken.
- You are accountable for safety and quality deviations found on your site/s.
- Impartially and fully Investigate and report site incidents.
- Attendance of emergency meetings following site incidents.
- Highlight staff movement to safety department.
- Must ensure that work assigned by you is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance to contract safety rules.
- Attend fortnightly supervisor meetings and report on safety on his site.
- You must comply with the relevant Health & Safety legislation, and protect your own safety as well as the safety of anyone who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work (what you did or what you failed to do).
- You must ensure that you are in a condition of suitable fitness and health to attend to a task in a safe manner. If you feel incapacitated in any way you must report this to you leader immediately.
- Report non conforming staff to your Project Manager.
- You must participate in any training offered by the employer.
- Make proper use of all machinery, tools, substances, etc. and of all personal protective equipment provided for use at work.
- Report any defects in the place of work, equipment, etc. which might endanger safety and health.
- You must have knowledge of the contract specific quality standards and fully implement them.
- You must have and must ensure that your crew has full respect for landowners and their property
Role Specific Duties – Meter Replacement – Supervision of.
- Commissioning Checks / Recording Procedure
- Meter installation records – pre-condition checks, DSRA, existing meter records, new meter records
- New meter stock issue and recouping old meters
- Meter Installation works – carrying out supplementary installs and covering customer appointments
- Meter replacement fitting process and procedures
- Cable fitting and termination procedures
- PPE & HSE
- Customer liaison
- Site management to meet KPI requirements
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.