Project Manager - Fibre
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on Career development
Voluntary pension after completion of probation
Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
TLI Group Telecoms Division, due to continued growth, is currently recruiting for a Project Manager - Fibre Telecoms, based in Limerick.
Responsible for the delivery of specific Fibre Build works across Ireland, in a safe and professional manor. Delivering the company business plan against set objectives and deliverables on time and within agreed budgets. Responsible for all employees within the team, their development and growth. Working with the design and planning team to ensure the right people are in the right place and at the right time.
Technical expert for the design and civil teams in all aspects for FTTx delivery.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Ensuring that all Fibre works are issued by the ‘Person Issuing the Works’ (PIW) for all Fibre works
- Planning and tracking handovers to the Client
- Management of the Stores ensuring materials are available for build
- Ensuring Resources are allocated accordingly to ensure programme dates are met
- Ensuring the quality of the works – Work Pack Façade, MDU & Fibre/Testing Audits are completed for all before Crew moves to the next pack
- Quality Control for all elements to the project including Civils works
- Management of the Quality Team ensuring effective communication and mitigation of re-work
- Ensuring materials are available for proposed works
- Completion of Safety Audits and recording of all real-time deviations
- Implementing the Stop Register when works are deemed to be unsafe
- Identification of Good Catches and Near Misses – reporting in same
- Assisting the Crews in identifying Good Catches and Near Misses – ensure they are reported
- Compiling and signoff of all timesheets for provision to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that a full report is made to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis detailing HSQE performance.
Manage cash flow working closely with the accounts and commercial department to follow all payment applications through the billing and payment process
Manage business and operational risk and issues through implementing risk and issue register reviews
- Liaise with appointed commercial staff regularly for cost control purposes / profit and loss reviews
- Ensure that projects are operated in line with the prices submitted and tender estimates
- Responsible for ensuring change management processes to capture change are enforced on all projects in line with commercial change procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that project team(s) are in place for new contract(s)
- Responsible for issuing job descriptions and carrying out performance management appraisals for all staff
- Overtime authorisation for all subordinate staff through direct reports
- Set Targets and KPI levels for Supervisors/Foremen/other reporting lines
- Minimise travel time for site personnel as much as possible
- Ensure an on-call rota / storm / emergency / escalation process is in place in the Ireland Operations
- Client account management with the various client Project Teams
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.