Junior Health and Safety Officer
The job has expired.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Company Van
- Company Fuel Card
- Laptop / Tablet
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor, specialising in the maintenance and construction of Electrical and Telecommunications infrastructure.
TLI Group’s continued growth has been achieved by gaining new and repeat business through building on a solid reputation in the delivery of projects to the highest standard and through forming very strong and valued client relationships.
Our teams have offices in Northern Ireland, Great Britain and Ireland.
This contract will cover locations across Ireland.
The successful candidate will be working with domestic & commercial telecommunications infrastructures engaging with customers, working on their current home broadband supply to upgrade as necessary in line the confirmed program of work.
A relevant Technical and Health & Safety qualification is required along with a full driving licence and we believe the role would suit an engineer who has moved in to the Health & Safety field who is seeking a stable environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and ultimately represent a rapidly expanding company
- Responsible to the Supervisor for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and implemented to control them to as low as reasonably possible.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner
- Conduct field audits across all TLI Group Telecoms project.
- Conduct joint field audits with Project Management team, Health and Safety Manager and Supervisors as required.
- Present proposals for remedial action re - deviations found in audits. This may range in briefings to staff on work methods, removal of tools/ equipment from teams, informing the garage of repairs that are required, and follow up to client / other client personnel for work method clarification and notification of particular concerns to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Provide technical assistance to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Assistance with onsite management of health & safety with site supervisors.
- Liaison with team / other Client safety personnel on various technical issues including: training on work methods, clarification on any aspect of works etc.
- Review of paperwork submitted by work crews.
- Visit work sites to conduct a risk assessment prior to work taking place where a particular hazard(s) has been identified by a Planner. This may also involve being present during the works to monitor and assist in the control of identified hazards.
- Audit first aid box contents, the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment and other such elements on site as required.
- Attendance and active participation at Supervisor meetings, Health & Safety Committee meetings and SSE monthly meetings or other client meetings as required.
- Preparation of Health & Safety Plans, risk assessments and method statements for projects as required.
- Participation in TLI office, garage and yard auditing. This includes general auditing and fire safety auditing.
- Involvement in the delivery of new employee or sub contractor inductions.
- Inputting and maintenance of records.
- Preparation and delivery of training.
- Ongoing promotion of H&S culture and safe working practices.
- Research health and safety topics as required by Health and Safety Manager and management team.
- Statistical analysis of health & safety statistics, i.e. near misses, audit findings, accident history etc. and presentation of findings.
- Filing of project paperwork as required.
- Be a contact point for dealing with hazards, accidents or incidents.
- Assistance with accident investigations including the production of subsequent reports and recommendations.
- Reviewing safe installation and usage of all equipment.
- Any other administrative and H&S duties relating to the H&S department as they may occur - including but not limited to: preparation of TLI books; updating of TLI Safety Statement and other safety documentation; updating of TLI emergency procedures; design of safety audit sheet; preparation and delivery of MS Powerpoint presentations for TLI annual health and safety day; safety surveys; design and ordering of safety signage etc.
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork