Substation Commissioning Electrical Engineer
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
Plan and carry out commissioning testing of substation equipment and in particular protection equipment to ensure electrical network capital investment is safe and fit for purpose.
NB - Role to cover the Republic of Ireland.
- Commissioning primary, secondary and ancillary plant forming part of Transmission System
- Commissioning testing of instrument transformers, power transformers and HV GIS switchgear.
- Commissioning testing of protection relays using Omicron test equipment
- Maintain test records and collate test results for incorporation into H&S Files for project.
- Work thorough all schematics, cubicle wiring and functional testing.
- Have knowledge of typical protection philosophies as applied to Transmission Systems
- Attend regular project meetings with client and project manager and address actions arising.
- Assess site safety prior to engaging in commissioning activities
- Contribute to the development of Method Statements/Risk Assessments to cover commissioning work activities.
- Be self-motivated and be capable of working on own initiative without direct supervision.
The Ideal Candidate
The individual who hold a relevant level qualifications similar to HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering. Will have knowledge of commissioning substations with voltages up to 400kV. Experienced in supplier protection equipment e.g ABB, Siemens, Toshiba and knowledge of station digital control systems (SCS).
Whilst experienced with the above is essential you would have needed to work within the commissioning arena previously.
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork