This job has been closed.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Professional Development Program (PDP)
As part of the growing Engineering Team here at TLI Group we are seeking an Electrical Engineer (2-5 years experience) to join the team to work on recently awarded design works associated with a number of transmission and distribution grid connection projects. The successful candidate will be based in either our Tralee or Cork offices. Travel to and from site on occasion will also be required.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working under direction of a Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electrical design – Overhead line design, underground cable design, cable rating studies etc.
- Feasibility studies for grid connection options on renewable energy projects (Solar, Battery, Wind and others)
- On-site investigations, route selection and site surveys
- Preparation of material specifications & BOQ
- Design report compilation
- Detailed design drawing preparation
- Development of design processes
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the design of transmission and distribution networks
- Activities ranging from investigation and feasibility studies to design and specification, through to project management and technical support to other operational areas within the organisation
- Assisting in the compilation and assessment of Tender Submissions
- On-site quality auditing during build phase
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Degree qualified - Electrical Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
- Relevant industry experience would be an advantage
- An interest in developing a career in the Power Engineering Sector
- Strong technical and design ability essential
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong IT skills required. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but training will be provided where necessary
- Excellent team worker with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to work & full drivers’ licence will be required
- Aptitude for formal report writing and professional presentation of work essential
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector both in Ireland and internationally.
Designing and building overhead power lines with associated structures are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless number of projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and within budget.
TLI Group can accommodate comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, the design, construction, commissioning, refurbishment and maintenance of substations and grid connections (UG and OHL) for various utility companies, renewable generators and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with ESB Networks (ESBN), SSE, UKPN and WPD as well as with a large portfolio of private clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of the all-island electricity network across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provides a national and international service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
In addition to the construction expertise that TLI Group are renowned for, in parallel we also provide strong design & consultancy service to many of our clients. In providing a design & consultancy service our goal is to assist clients in finding the best solution and design to achieve their delivery and budgetary objectives. Understanding the context, the project, the environment and the equipment are key to designing an effective solution.
Our engineering team has designed overhead and underground transmission and distribution lines for a variety of energy clients throughout the world. TLI Group utilises the latest in design software tools to provide a thorough technical design that assures the lowest optimum cost, while ensuring we meet onsite challenges and client requirements. TLI Group designers and consultants have worked as owner’s engineer on various projects around the world assisting with technical evaluations, generating specifications and tender documents, attending FAT, type and sample tests on behalf of the Client.
We provide clients with tailored innovative solutions to deliver all projects safely and to their precise specifications and requirements.