HSE Advisor - Telecoms
This job has been closed.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
The principal duty will be to assist the Project Team in the execution of the health and safety programs and carry out administrative functions. The role will be based out of the TLI Limerick office with travel to our sites nationwide.
HSE Administration duties
- Tracking inspection and audit performance
- Responsible for preparing weekly safety reports
- Tracking safety certification documents
- Liaise with training department regarding training requirements
- Circulation of safety reports
- Maintains HSE records. Including training documentation, inspection records, accident files & follow-ups, and statistical records, including the HSE Database.
- Editing, ordering, stock control and distribution of safety related documents.
HSE specific duties
- Monitor safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system.
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections.
- Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues.
- Prepare and deliver safety briefings to crews.
- Carry out effective site inductions.
- Develop the Construction Stage Safety & Health plan with input from the construction team.
- Review and be knowledgeable with the technical aspects of RAMS prepared by the construction team and draft risk assessment section for inclusion in the finished document.
- Carry out professional and impartial investigations as required.
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by TLI Group employees.
- Participate in the development of emergency plans.
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by TLI employees
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Full driving license
- HSE related Qualification
- Safe Pass
- LUGs and SLG
- First Aid
- Knowledge of the telecoms industry / Utilities industries
- Overview of HSE issues
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Good Communication, Interpersonal & Organisational Skills
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.