Lines Worker - UK
The job has expired.
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on career development
Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
Employee Assistance Programme
The Linesman is employed to perform all tasks allocated by the Chargehand in the overall function of refurbishing or replacing overhead power lines.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Zero Harm Target – Home Safe Every Day
- Ensuring the quality of the works meet the Clients Requirements
- Implementing the Stop Register when works are deemed to be unsafe
- Identification of Good Catches and Near Misses – reporting in same
- Responsible to the Supervisor for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and implemented to control them to as low as reasonably possible.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner
- Climb poles in a safe and professional manor, utilising MEWP when required.
- Carry out maintenance, repair and refurbishment or LV lines as directed and capable to do so.
- Utilise all equipment necessary for working on Overhead lines network as detailed in the SOP’s and training manual
- Responsible for Self and Colleagues compliance to HSQE, carry out pole top rescue as required.
- Undertake reasonable takes asked by Chargehand / Supervisor / Management
- Be responsible for self-development and PDP.
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure.
TLI Group are delighted to announce that we have been awarded onto the SSE Distribution Overhead lines Framework 2020 – 2028.
The programme of delivery will include the construction, refurbishment and renewal of the existing overhead line assets on SSE’s distribution network throughout the entire southern region.
TLI Group also design and build overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks as the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.