The job has expired.
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on career development
Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
Employee Assistance Programme
TLI Group UK require a Cable Jointer to undertake jointing activities at LV / HV / EHV as defined for an SSE Contract.
• Cable jointing work in connection with the construction, reinforcement, alteration, replacement and repair of electricity distribution network assets up to 33kV.
• Work with OHL / Fitter craftsmen as required to aid productivity.
• Undertake works in line with TLI Group values; Safety, Customer, Delivery. Flexibility, People, Teamwork.
• Location and identification of underground cables.
• Test insulation, voltage, phasing, phase rotation and continuity on LV cables
• Comply with the relevant Health & Safety legislation, and protect your own safety as well as the safety of anyone who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• Assess site risks and remove / minimise / avoid those risks.
• Record asset routes, joint positions / plant details etc.
• Carryout network switching operations on LV systems.
• Ensure that you are in a condition of suitable fitness and health to attend to a task in a safe manner. If you feel incapacitated in any way you must report this to your Supervisor.
• Cooperate with TLI Group with regard to Safety Health and Welfare at work.
• Assess the potential impact of work activities to customers and minimise negative impact activities
• Refrain from any improper conduct that could endanger your safety or that of others.
• Participate in any training offered by the employer.
• Be authorised to receive Permits to Work and explain the safety documentation to any auditor on request.
• Make proper use of all machinery, tools, substances, etc. and of all personal protective equipment provided for use at work.
• Be competent at each task you perform (you must have sufficient knowledge training and experience to work safely) and to discuss any uncertainty you have in this regard with your supervisor, before attempting to do any work.
• Report any defects in the place of work, equipment, etc. which might endanger safety and health.
• Contribute to, and have a full understanding of the onsite safety documentation. (Risk Assessment, Records, Polarity sheets as defined by the HSQE Department)
• Refuse to carry out any unsafe practices. If you deem it to be unsafe you have the right to refuse until a safe method of completing the task has been proposed either by your PICW, Supervisor, Safety Department
• Must look after tools and equipment supplied by TLI Group
• Report any defective equipment back to stores or the garage and not use them until fixed (Hand tools, Power tools, Machinery, PPE etc…)
• Must look after tidiness of van and site (Good Housekeeping)
The Ideal Candidate
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience of live LV cable jointing and dead jointing on LV / HV networks.
• NRSWA Accreditation.
• Full UK Driving Licence
Working on networks and associated equipment.
Health and Safety.
Acceptable level if English language both verbal and written.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Form completing and audits.
Committed to TLI Group Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
Positive and flexible approach
Honesty and Integrity
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure.
TLI Group are delighted to announce that we have been awarded onto the SSE Distribution Overhead lines Framework 2020 – 2028.
The programme of delivery will include the construction, refurbishment and renewal of the existing overhead line assets on SSE’s distribution network throughout the entire southern region.
TLI Group also design and build overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks as the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.