Student Design Technician Placement
Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on career development
In house mentoring & training
Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently seeking a Student Design Technician for a 12 month placement for our expanding team working on fibre optic/telecoms projects in the Munster region.
This role with a Tier 1 main contractor focusing on the civil enablement of fibre network roll-outs.
This role is based primarily in TLI Group’s Limerick office but may require occasional travel within Ireland.
- Support the Design Team with assisting in all aspects relating to survey outputs; survey packs, survey reporting & data logging;
- Complete all fibre design related work on FOW. This will be primarily focused on as-building of the network infrastructure;
- Assist in the development of FOW to full integrate into the current ArcGIS process.
- As-building of the FTTB infrastructure utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build;
- Identification of required SI’s and duct routes to be proven;
- Identification of Archaeological & Environmental data for design areas;
- Assist in the production of Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of Quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering;
- Assist in the planning and design a fibre optic network utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build;
- Assisting site crews with FTTB rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required;
- Produce FMR Report for submission to SIRO for ESB Make Ready on schedule and to a continuously high standard required by SIRO;
- Provide information of poles which will need to be resistographed, maintain equipment, arrange for service etc.;
- Liaise with the Designers of Towns/clusters to ensure sequence of what is being patrolled is what is required and in the correct sequence;
- Continue to develop understanding of Out Side Plant (OSP) Network design key drivers affecting cost in OSP network rollouts, with the ultimate goal of providing value engineering;
- Site surveying and reviewing network routes;
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents;
- Support the Team responsible for obtaining consents, wayleaves and approvals;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new fibre technologies, build techniques and design innovations to drive improvements in cost, quality and timescales;
- Assist lead Designer in reporting of Eligibility files on the assigned Clusters; &
- Assist the lead Designer in preparing any information for handover packs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Studying relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Seeking project experience
- Strong technical ability and a flexible approach to work
- High level of organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Full, clean driving licence
- Excellent I.T., communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in Auto CAD.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.