Design Project Manager
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Laya - Employee Assistance Programme
- Laya - Health Insurance Discount.
TLI Group is seeking a Design Project Manager to become part of TLI Groups ever growing Electrical Division. As Design Project Manager Engineer, you will be a key member of the Operations Team, specialising in the effective design of HV substations.
NB - Location: Based out of TLI Groups Cork offices, travel to site will also be a key part of this role.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Preparation of design, design drawings & wiring schedules
- Equipment design including Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Switchgear, Transformers and Earthing systems
- Ensure compliance with IEC, EU requirements and building codes.
- Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
- Completion of as Builts once commissioning has been completed.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, and start-up as needed.
- Involvement with the pre-commissioning process
- Comply with safety legislation; working in HV stations requires PSDP as there is a specific risk. Where required they will be the representative of the PSDP.
- Completion of Design Risk Assessment & Preliminary H&S Plan
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in an Electrical Engineering.
- 5 to 8 years of experience with power systems and electrical design.
- A strong understanding of all elements of substation design, construction and commissioning, and in particular in physical design.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant IEEE/IEC standards.
- Fundamental understanding of critical LV electrical equipment.
- Possess leadership and problem solving skills.
- Be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
- Ability to carry new design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/construction.
- Possess excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering
- Detailed understanding of relays, protections schemes, high-voltage circuit breakers, power and distribution transformers electrical switchgear, grounding and earthing.
- Chartered Engineer
- Previous consultant negotiation and management skills associated with design, construction and project execution.
- Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to ESB, and is tasked with designing and delivering overhead power lines via new and existing electrical networks.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork