Design Placement Opportunity 12 Months
- 20 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Training and Development as required for the role
- Mentoring provided by your allocated Designer
- IT Equipment
- Employee & Graduate Assistance Programme
Due to continued expansion, TLI Group are seeking applications for a Design Placement Opportunity (12 months).
The proposed roles incorporate the use of Microsoft Office tools, AutoCAD, ArcGIS etc.
The successful candidate will be handling all aspects of AutoCAD & ArcGIS drafting and supporting the team with Fibre planning networks on our existing Contracts with both SIRO and National Broadband Ireland (NBI). Training & mentoring will be provided on all aspects of the role.
Working towards a relevant qualification would be required with AutoCAD exposure being advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join, and ultimately represent, a rapidly expanding company, working at the heart of the Telecoms business in Ireland.
- Support the Operations & Design Teams with assisting in all aspects relating to survey outputs; survey packs, survey reporting, data logging and build related data issue and managing of as-builts;
- Complete all fibre design related work on Fibre Optic Works (FOW). This will be primarily focused on as-building of the network infrastructure for the Client;
- As-building of both the Fibre to the Building (FTTB) & NBI infrastructure utilising primarily ESBN & Eir infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build;
- Identification of required SI’s and duct routes to be proven;
- Identification of Archaeological & Environmental data for design areas;
- Assist in the production of Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of Quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering;
- Assisting site crews with FTTB rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required;
- Produce Fibre Make Ready (FMR) Reports for submission to SIRO for ESB Make Ready on schedule and to a continuously high standard required by SIRO;
- Provide information of poles which will need to be resistographed, maintain equipment, arrange for service etc.;
- Liaise with the Designers of Towns/clusters to ensure sequence of what is being patrolled is what is required;
- Site surveying and reviewing network routes;
- Maintain good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents;
- Support the Team responsible for obtaining consents, wayleaves and approvals;
- Assist Lead Designer in reporting of Eligibility files on the assigned Clusters; &
- Assist the Lead Designer in preparing any information for Client handovers.
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience in a role requiring significant AutoCAD expertise is necessary. Design experience in the utilities sector, while being an advantage, will not be essential as on the job training will take place.
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a Main Contractor to both SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture) and NBI, and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical networks for SIRO and with construction of a similar network via. Eir networks for NBI.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork