Salary commensurate with experience
Emphasis on Career development
Voluntary pension after completion of probation
Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
Employee Assistance Programme
Employee Healthcare Discount
Due to continued expansion we are now seeking applications for the position of Design Engineer based in our Telecoms office in Limerick.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules;
- Assist in the delivery of all design related duties to an exceptionally high standard;
- Demonstrates active listening skills with customers and internal teams;
- Liaising with customers & the ability to gain confidence with the customer;
- Develop an understanding of fibre network architectures & network topology and adherence to standards, processes and procedures for all relevant policies; &
- Show personal accountability and result oriented behaviour at all times.
Design Outputs & Responsibilities:
- Support the Design Team with assisting in all aspects relating to survey outputs; survey packs, survey reporting & data logging;
- Assist with completion of all fibre design related work on FOW. This will be primarily focused on as-building of the network infrastructure;
- As-building of the FTTB infrastructure utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build;
- Identification of required SI’s and duct routes to be proven;
- Identification of Archaeological & Environmental data for design areas;
- Assist in the production of Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of Quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering;
- Assist in the planning and design a fibre optic network utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build;
- Assisting site crews with FTTB rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required;
- Produce FMR Report for submission to SIRO for ESB Make Ready on schedule and to a continuously high standard required by SIRO;
- Provide information of poles which will need to be resistographed, maintain equipment, arrange for service etc.;
- Liaise with the Designers of Towns/clusters to ensure sequence of what is being patrolled is what is required and in the correct sequence;
- Continue to develop understanding of Out Side Plant (OSP) Network design key drivers affecting cost in OSP network rollouts, with the ultimate goal of providing value engineering;
- Site surveying and reviewing network routes;
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents;
- Support the Team responsible for obtaining consents, wayleaves and approvals;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new fibre technologies, build techniques and design innovations to drive improvements in cost, quality and timescales;?
- Assist lead Designer in reporting of Eligibility files on the assigned Clusters; &
- Assist the lead Designer in preparing any information for handover packs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector; &
- Ability to evidence recent relevant design experience.
- Experience in people and line leadership;
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach;
- Commercially astute;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills;
- Proficient in AutoCAD design tools; &
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives;
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity;
- Positive and flexible approach;
- Open to innovation and collaboration;
- Right first time approach;
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead; &
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.