- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
As part of the growing Engineering Team here at TLI Group we are seeking an Electrical Engineer (2-5 years experience) to join the team to work on recently awarded design works associated with a number of transmission and distribution grid connection projects. The successful candidate will be based in either our Tralee or Cork offices. Travel to and from site on occasion will also be required.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working under direction of a Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electrical design – Overhead line design, underground cable design, cable rating studies etc
- Feasibility studies for grid connection options on renewable energy projects (Solar, Battery, Wind and others)
- On-site investigations, route selection and site surveys
- Preparation of material specifications & BOQ
- Design report compilation
- Detailed design drawing preparation
- Development of design processes
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the design of transmission and distribution networks
- Activities ranging from investigation and feasibility studies to design and specification, through to project management and technical support to other operational areas within the organisation
- Assisting in the compilation and assessment of Tender Submissions
- On-site quality auditing during build phase
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Degree qualified - Electrical Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
- Relevant industry experience would be an advantage
- An interest in developing a career in the Power Engineering Sector
- Strong technical and design ability essential
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong IT skills required. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but training will be provided where necessary
- Excellent team worker with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to work & full drivers’ licence will be required
- Aptitude for formal report writing and professional presentation of work essential
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork