Lines Worker Northern Ireland
The job has expired.
- Emphasis on Career development
- Auto-Enrolment pension
- Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
Due to continued expansion we are now seeking applications for the role of Linesman for our Northern Irish team based out of our Dungannon office.
The Linesman is employed to perform all tasks allocated by the Chargehand / Supervisor in the overall function of refurbishing or replacing overhead power lines.
- Site set up and exclusion zones.
- Comply with specific duties relating to the role as per the NIE Electrical Safety Rules.
- Complete the Daily Site Risk Assessment, communicate to the crew and any persons who may join or visit his or her work unit during the course of the work.
- Greet and engage with any visitor, crew member or any other persons and not to permit anyone into the work area until the DSRA and safety controls are fully briefed to them.
- Undertake the Daily LUGS, recording them on the scan logs and communicating to all involved in the works area.
- Deliver a summary of the daily whiteboard meeting to the crew members.
- In delivery of the required daily works ascertain the required permission from their line manager prior to entering any private property.
- You will be required to record all works completed ensuring that a true and accurate account is recorded for payment.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Climb poles, towers in a safe and professional manor, utilising MEWP, ladders, scaffold as and when required.
- Carry out maintenance, repair and refurbishment of LV/HV lines as directed and capable to do so.
- Utilise all equipment necessary for working on Overhead lines network as detailed in the SOP’s and training manual.
- Responsible for Self and Colleagues compliance to HSQE.
- Carry out pole top rescue as required.
- Team work - working as a team, taking responsibility for each other and for working in a manner that does not cause an unnecessary hindrance or unreasonably increase the work load of a colleague (including members of the management team); Conducting oneself in a way that encourages relationships that are likely to give support to each other; avoiding conflict and treating one’s colleagues with respect at all times.
- Participation in the improvement of our quality and other processes through active engagement and communication with your management team.
- Recognition of all reasonable work-related instructions as they may come from any member of the management team, with the undertaking to discuss any concerns regarding any instruction with your immediate line manager.
- Quality and productivity – ensuring that the quantity and quality of work is to the required standard as is reasonably indicated by your management team, with the obligation to query any issues with your line manager including communicating ay problems to your managers, and, with their assistance where applicable, rectifying any quality issues arising from the work you have completed.
- Respect and accountability for PPE, tools, equipment, vehicles and plant and any other work-related assistance provided to you including the reporting in the prescribed manner of breakages, defects and loss. This responsibility includes full participation with any stock taking or stock management systems in place & and also the vehicle management processes.
- Respect and accountability for all third-party property ensuring that no materials are left stored without prior agreement with the landowner and that no materials are left at a works area when works are completed.
- On becoming aware reporting to their line Manager all third-party complaints and third-party damages.
- Adherence to company policies including responsibility for knowledge of the content of the key policies, and for engaging with the SPC and the management team regarding any issues or suggested improvements. (Policies are available on BrightHR)
- Managing and reporting any absences in the prescribed manner.
- Engaging fully with the company as it relates to career development including full attendance of any training scheduled on your behalf.
- Responsibility for submission of timesheets on time every week, including the accurate recording of hours of attendance.
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.