This job has been closed.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Company Vehicle
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Healthcare Discount
We are currently recruiting for a Fibre Splicer for our expanding telecoms department, which are based out of our Telecoms office in Limerick. You will be required to work nationwide.
- Experience in fusion splicing , single splicing and splice audit verification;
- Familiar with OTDR , ILM , light source and power meter testing;
- Perform installation of fibre optic equipment, patching and panels;
- Basic knowledge of networking ( 1:4 , 1:8 , 1:32 optic splitters , OLT , etc);
- Proficient in the operation of all related fibre tools and equipment;
- Terminate, splice and install a variety of fibre optic connectors and enclosures;
- Ability to troubleshoot damaged fibre effectively and efficiently;
- Learn and adhere to all safety standards;
- Must be able to read and understand splice plans , designs and work scopes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 0 UG SIRO (Will be provided in-house);
- Electrical Awareness (Will be provided in-house);
- Manual Handling , Safe Pass;
- Ladder Training;
- Experience with OH and UG fibre / power lines;
- Ability to mentor and train trainees and inexperienced personnel;
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a Team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.