The job has expired.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Company Van
- Company Fuel Card
- Laptop / Tablet
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Insurance Discount
The successful candidate will be working with our Electricians who work on domestic electrical supplies. The role will require auditing colleagues working on the SMART Metering supply upgrades, indoor and outdoor meters. The H&S and Audit procedures are in line with the confirmed program of work confirmed with our clients.
- Responsible to the Supervisor for ensuring operational safety is in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and implemented to control them to as low as reasonably possible.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner
- Conduct field audits across all TLI projects.
- Conduct joint field audits with Project Management team, Health and Safety Manager and Supervisors as required.
- Carry out remedial action re - deviations found in audits. This may range in briefings to staff on work methods, removal of tools/ equipment from teams, informing the garage of repairs that are required, and follow up to client / other client personnel for work method clarification and notification of particular concerns to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Provide technical assistance to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Assistance with onsite management of health & safety with site supervisors.
- Liaison with team / other Client safety personnel on various technical issues including: training on work methods, clarification on any aspect of works etc.
- Review of paperwork submitted by work crews.
- Visit work sites to conduct a risk assessment prior to work taking place where a particular hazard(s) has been identified by a Planner. This may also involve being present during the works to monitor and assist in the control of identified hazards.
- Audit first aid box contents, the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment and other such elements on site as required.
- Attendance and active participation at Supervisor meetings, Health & Safety Committee meetings and SSE monthly meetings or other client meetings as required.
- Preparation of Health & Safety Plans, risk assessments and method statements for projects as required.
- Participation in TLI office, garage and yard auditing. This includes general auditing and fire safety auditing.
- Involvement in the delivery of new employee or sub contractor inductions.
- Inputting and maintenance of records.
- Preparation and delivery of training.
- Ongoing promotion of H&S culture and safe working practices.
- Research health and safety topics as required by Health and Safety Manager and management team.
- Statistical analysis of health & safety statistics, i.e. near misses, audit findings, accident history etc. and presentation of findings.
- Filing of project paperwork as required.
- Be a contact point for dealing with hazards, accidents or incidents.
- Assistance with accident investigations including the production of subsequent reports and recommendations.
- Reviewing safe installation and usage of all equipment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 6 Electrical Craft Certificate
- ESB Authorization
- Relevant qualification in Health and Safety
- CDM Regulations (CDM 2015)
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- 2-5 years recent & relevant experience
- Risk Assessing
- Health and Safety investigations
- HASAW Act
- Working within HSE within Construction & Electrical
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.