Fibre Quality Officer - FTTB - Telecoms
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service.
- Healthcare Discount
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Ireland's largest infrastructure projects with one of the country’s largest engineering companies. The Fibre Quality Officer is responsible for implementing and developing the quality and Environmental project plan within the telecoms infrastructure designs. This position is open to all candidates.
This is an excellent opportunity to join TLI Group team.
Duties: Responsible for the development and implementation of the Quality & Environmental plan for the telecoms build teams across Ireland.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Completing Quality Audits and proving forms back to the Quality, Environmental & Customer Complaints Coordinator
- Closing out of quality issues in a timely manner
- Management of Sub-Contractor and Direct Crews ensuring continual improvement.
- Liaison with the Client on quality matters
- Completing Safety Audits as per the company regime - identifying deviations
- Checking of fibre testing results and uploading to Smart Sheet
- Ensuring all works are issued via the PIW
- Ensure that works revenue is tracked and baselined against accrued costs
- Mentor; Lead; Coach; Grow and develop your direct Teams
- Sickness reporting, behaviour, holiday capture and absence management
- Compilation and filing of all Quality Audits, as-builts (Linking Design & Ops on quality deficiencies)
- Ensure audit / monitoring regime are completed in line with company procedure.
- Trending analysis from audits to eliminate quality and environmental issues
- Site visits to verify/validate quality performance.
- Liaison with the Client on quality matters – updating of SIRO Smart Sheet tracker/TLI Group’s internal tracker
- Issuing of required remedial works to relevant disciplines and tracking completion of same
- Establish “What Good Looks Like” for current contracts and provide evidence of compliance and customer satisfaction for all disciplines
- Providing Stats to HSQE Dept. for weekly call in inclusive of dash board analysis
- Distributing relevant documents to site and subcontractors. Control and track all project quality related documentation. Monitoring the information flow between the Project Team and external parties.
- Development of reporting and quality control procedures to assist with refining of processes within each project phase, Patrolling & Survey, Design, Civils, As-Built etc. Continue to develop ways to integrate paper-based data into electronic systems.
- In conjunction with the design & operation teams, develop policies, guidelines and standards relating to various aspects of the project. Updating technical procedures & procedural updates to SOPs.
- Ensure employees and contractors receive QE Briefs.
- Develop job aids identify minimum requirements for work types and materials on site.
- Identify reoccurring issues/deviations from site works to enable further development of project processes with an overall view to continuous improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course
- Fibre and Testing Course
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector
- Fibre splicing and testing knowledge
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork