Operations Manager - Telecoms
The job has expired.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop, Phone, Tablet
- Emphasis on career development
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Sick pay after completion of probation
A unique position has arisen for an Operations Manager in for our UK Telecoms division based from Basingstoke operation. The location this role will cover, but not be exclusive to, the South of England with an aim to expansion across UK and NIE
This role would suit an experienced Telcoms Operational Manager / Project Manager who has exposure of delivering Telecoms infrastructure projects with an approximate value to 10-15 million.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Responsible for financial and programme performance for all UK Telecom’s operations;
- Manage cash flow working closely with the accounts and commercial department;
- Manage business and operational risk through implementing risk and resolve register reviews;
- Liaise with appointed commercial staff regularly for cost control purposes / profit and loss reviews;
- Ensure that projects are operated in line with the tender prices submitted and tender estimates;
- Ensuring adequate staff are available to delivery projects;
- Overseeing the design and operations team to ensure the pipeline of works to keep all disciplines are at optimal capacity;
- Responsible for ensuring change management processes to capture change are enforced on all projects in line with commercial change procedures;
- Responsible for ensuring that project team(s) are in place for new awards;
- Responsible for issuing job descriptions and carrying out performance management appraisals for all direct reports;
- Set Targets and KPI levels for Managers – Critical Success Factors (CSF);
- Minimise travel time for site personnel as much as possible;
- Ensure an on-call rota / storm / emergency / escalation process is in place for the UK Telecom’s Operations;
- Client account management;
- Project Readiness review coordination;
- Interface agreement and Stakeholder meeting coordination;
- Sub-Contractor management – building relationships and ensuring the supply chain is engaged and committed to the project and future projects;
- Identifying business development opportunities;
- Actively participate and coordinate tender submissions;
- Overall risk management (Rail crossings, environmental challenges, private property access, continuity of works for all disciplines);
- Attending and ensuring internal weekly meetings take place - Delegating tasks as required;
- Governance of Cost management controls on plant and materials;
- Governance on overtime for hourly paid staff;
- Approval on sick pay for full team;
- Mentor; Lead; Coach; Grow and develop your direct Teams;
- Attending quarterly management meetings for the Group;
- New technological developments within the telecoms industry.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project;
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector - telecoms;
- Ability to evidence recent relevant senior & people leadership experience.
- PIA knowledge on processes, standards and implementation requirements.
- Street works knowledge and implementation requirements.
- Experience in people and line leadership;
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach;
- Commercially astute;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills;
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives;
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity;
- Positive and flexible approach;
- Open to innovation and collaboration;
- Right first time approach;
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead;
- Strong personality and professional attitude
A driving license is essential for this role.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building telecoms networks; overhead power lines, and substations are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across UK and Ireland. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.