General Operative - Construction Nationwide
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on Career development
- Voluntary pension after completion of probation
- Sick Pay Scheme after completion of probation
- Death in Service after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Healthcare Discount
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor, specialising in the maintenance and construction of Telecommunications infrastructure.
TLI Group’s continued growth has been achieved by gaining new and repeat business through building on a solid reputation in the delivery of projects to the highest standard and through forming very strong and valued client relationships.
Our teams have offices in Northern Ireland, Great Britain and Ireland.
The post holder for this position will be assisting with the delivery of TLI Group Telecom's Fibre operations in line with the company mission, vision and values. Please note that we have roles nationwide.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Adhering to safety procedures
- Working efficiently and diligently at all times
- Zero Harm Target – Home Safe Every Day
- Ensuring the quality of the works – works being completed to the required standards
- Ensuring cooperation on cube taking with the appointed sub-contractor
- Ensuring dockets are checked for all materials to ensure compliance
- Reporting of near miss/good catches via the app on an ongoing basis
- Implementing the Stop Register when works are deemed to be unsafe
- Return of As-Builts to the Commercial Team on a daily basis
- Mentor; Lead; Coach; Grow and develop your colleagues
- Detailed as-builts are returned to the office on a daily basis
- Compliance to HSQE requirements
- Rodding, roping, clearing blockages, chamber construction and reinstatement works
- Note Key Accountabilities above
- Commercial astute – flag all opportunities to make work streams more efficient
- Completion and signoff of timesheet for provision to the Construction Manager/Supervisor
- Commercial astute and aware of what outputs are required from the crew on a daily basis
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 1 UG SIRO
- Level 3 UG SIRO
- SLG & LUGs
- Truck Licence
- Trailer Licence
- First Aid
- Local Authority Basic Reinstatement training
- Level E Sub-Stations
- Experience with OH and UG power line works
- Experienced with all types of civil builds
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the Utilities sector
- Ability to mentor and train trainees and inexperienced Personnel
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork