Telecoms Network Surveyor
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Company Vehicle, Laptop, Phone & Tablet
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
Due to continued growth we now require a Telecoms Network Surveyor to join our team. This role will be based in the Leinster region.
- Complete on-site surveys to plan and design cost effective projects, enabling construction and provision of Fibre connectivity to our client’s business and residential customer base.
- Survey of proposed fibre connections to include duct & cable routes and equipment location.
- Survey of engineering difficulties such as bridges, culverts and railway crossings and provide method statements as required.
- Survey the ESBN OH Network as required to provide engineering solutions to the Fibre Network Planners.
- To identify areas of network congestion and put forward an integrated network solutions to resolve.
- Compile data capture information from surveys into format to present to fibre network planners.
- Provide full estimate of project materials and labour costs.
- Produce working documentation and works instructions.
- Produce Bills of Materials.
- Evaluate Health & Safety and produce appropriate documentation.
- Negotiate and communicate with Developers and other utility undertakers.
- Negotiate and communicate with internal departments and external customers.
- Input ‘As-built’ records of the network build.
New Housing Developments
- Engage with Property Developers regarding on boarding their upcoming residential developments to our client’s fibre network. Ensure that the developer is incorporating the fibre rollout network as part of their civils infrastructure plans. Arrange for materials to be delivered as required.
- Monitor planning applications and other information sources to determine what housing/building work are being planned in towns where our client’s fibre network is available.
- Propose design solutions back to the fibre network planners for the new developments, including network connectivity (Feeder, metro etc.) to the existing network footprint, driving innovative solutions to keep downward pressure on price.
- Complete surveys for enterprise/business customer connections to our client’s fibre network, identifying the most cost-effective design solution.
- Complete site visits to Tower sites to arrange for connections to our client’s fibre network.
- Read and interpret existing as-built’s of our client’s fibre network to determine the best routes for connection.
- Read and interpret existing utility drawings of other providers to determine the best routes for connection.
- Collect key information to apply for any permits and wayleaves required.
- Submit an organised job package for each project that could include maps, field notes, drawings, and digital images, all through our remote cloud-based systems.
- Perform inspections during and after construction to ensure compliance with original designs and customer specifications.
- Liaise with ESBN as required to discuss any upcoming works which may require a line diversion of our client’s network.
- Provide details back to the fibre network planners as required to ensure works are programmed as per ESBN requirements.
- Understand local authority purple book requirements when determining general cost implications with civils routes selected.
- Liaise with local authority area engineers as required to agree ROL conditions.
- Day to Day communication with TLI Group team providing updates on works and build opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure.
TLI Group also design and build overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks as the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.