- Competitive Rates
- Company Vehicle
- Company Tablet/Phone
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Health Insurance Discount
Due to continued growth of our Telecoms team, we now require a SIRO Route Surveyor / Patroller for work in the Munster region.
- Conditional assessment surveying of the Overhead (OH) and Underground (UG) ESBN electrical infrastructure (MV &LV).
- Carry out a series of accurate measurements on ESB Network Poles (stay, pole circumference, wind span, tension etc.).
- Completes pre checks at all poles.
- Determine pole rot & pole top rot (PTR).
- MV/LV conductor, wood pole, steel pole, insulators, etc. checks.
- Complete a Madison Bore Test.
- Work checks on stays (physical and loss of voltage)
- Use of resistograph (training provided).
- Tagging of LV/MV Poles.
- Identify condition of ESB vaults/mini pillars.
- Accessing / Opening Minipillar Vaults.
- Identify number of house services from a mini pillar.
- Completing Meter Cabinet checks to determine electrical connections.
- Use IT (tablet) to document findings ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Use paper maps to record the network graphically.
- Map reading to locate network to be surveyed.
- Take photographs of the network for design purposes (poles, mini pillars, vaults, conductors, hazards etc.).
- Communicate effectively with team members onsite and in the back office.
- Dealing with members of the public & landowners in a respectful manner.
- Taking all reasonable measures to get access land.
The Ideal Candidate
- Twelve months experience as a Patroller on related overhead networks for applicable category.
- Experience of working on applicable ESBN overhead network category.
- Good knowledge of OH & UG electrical network(MV & LV)
- Experience within the utilities sector.
- Understand of ESBN vicinity zones.
- ESBN Safety Rules and SIRO MESC’s as required.
- Utilise all equipment necessary for working on surveying/patrolling ESB Network as detailed in company SOP’s and training manual.
- Twelve months experience of working on the installation of ducting infrastructure for MV & LV electrical network. (category 1)
- Current and Valid Driving license
Desirable Qualifications but not Essential
- SIRO Level 0 Route Surveyor
- Hold Level 0 or above SIRO Authorisation
- ESBN Pre-Works Checks on Poles
- ESBN Resistograph Training
- ESBN Induction and Stations Handbook
- Working at Heights & Pole Top Rescue
- SLG & LUGs
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal & Organisational Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Pays a high level of attention to detail & quality
- Enjoy working outside
- Enjoy working in a team
- Willing to travel (overnights)
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Positive and flexible approach
- Honesty and Integrity
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.