Planner Overhead Lines
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone & Laptop
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Health Insurance Discount
Job Introduction (external):
Due to continued growth of our Telecoms team, we are seeking applications for the position of Planner Overhead Lines. This role will be based in our Telecoms office in Limerick and will require travel to sites nationwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and ultimately represent a rapidly expanding company.
- Planning and coordinating all overhead related works on the Telecoms & Electrical Networks.
- Liaison with ESBN, The Client & The Local Authority with regards to all overhead planning works and electrical outages.
- Working with ESBN to plan and book outage requests and the PIW for planned outages.
- Responsible to the Project Manager & Telecoms Operation Manager for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day.
- Ensuring that required project resources are in place to match the planned work and ensuring the available resources are fully allocated and utilised.
- Notify the client of all constraints preventing the works to be planned and in doing so working with all relevant parties to find a resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring change management processes to capture change are enforced on all projects in line with commercial change procedures.
- Overtime authorisation for all subordinate staff through direct reports.
- Ensuring that delegated work is correctly planned, resourced, executed in accordance with client specifications standards, agreed work methodology, relevant legislation, technical, safety and environmental standards.
- Complete on-site workplace risk assessment for the works to be undertaken, with information to be included in the daily work-packs.
- Ensuring materials are available for proposed works.
- Maintaining and Updating of the Outage Resource Whereabouts & Outage Costing Sheet.
- Updating ESBN SharePoint where required to book ESBN Resources.
- Provide overhead resources where required to the wider team.
- Ensure the client is notified of any extra over costs to the works to be undertaken: - Traffic Management, Night Works, Materials etc.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience working on overhead electrical networks planning outages.
- Experience as a Linesman and/or Patroller on related overhead electrical networks.
- Good knowledge of OH & UG electrical network. (HV, MV & LV)
- Experience within the utilities sector.
- Understand of ESBN vicinity zones.
- ESBN Safety Rules and SIRO MESC’s as required.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- AutoCAD and GIS software experience (training provided).
- Relevant industry experience on Overhead Lines
- Current and Valid Driving license
Desirable Qualifications but not Essential
- Hold Level 0 or above SIRO Authorisation
- ESBN Pre-Works Checks on Poles
- ESBN Resistograph Training
- ESBN Induction and Stations Handbook
- Working at Heights & Pole Top Rescue
- SLG & LUGs
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal & Organisational Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Pays a high level of attention to detail & quality
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives.
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Open to innovation and collaboration.
- Right first-time approach.
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.