Technical Trainer - Civils for Fibre Installation
- Competitive Salary
- Company Phone & Laptop
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Health Insurance Discount.
Due to continued growth TLI Group are now recruiting for a Technical Trainer – Civils for Fibre Installation for our Training department. This role is based in our Tralee office and travel to sites nationwide will be required.
This role requires previous experience in the creation, planning and delivery of Civils & Fibre Optic Technical courses for in-house and external individuals. Delivering training to all levels of the workforce utilising your Civils & Fibre knowledge and carrying out detailed development of course material.
- Training and Coaching individuals in the civils expertise required to build fibre optic networks in the Irish industry.
- Have the enthusiasm and drive to mentor Civils Operative Trainees & Fibre Technicians to improve the Safety and Quality of their work.
- To develop new training packages to meet TLI Group requirements e.g. bespoke courses developed around customer's safe system of work.
- Develop all course material and practical facilities in advance of the delivery of new and existing courses.
- Deliver training on the basic roles a civils operative would require if working in the fibre network industry: - Accessing Vaults Safety, Rodding & Roping, Fibre Cabling Methods, etc.
- Deliver training in civils related activities like: - Abrasive Wheels, Concrete Saw Cutting, Safe Digging and clearing blockages methods.
- Deliver electrical awareness training on the risks with working in the utility industry.
- Training civils operative on plant familiarisation - Loading & Unloading of Plant, working with a winch.
- Follow the in-house procedures for designing and delivering courses to specified standards and accreditations, across a variety of technical fields including, but not limited to, Civils, Fibre Cabling, Working with Plant & Machinery and HSQE.
- Deliver specific client tailored inductions and training courses related to civils activities that meet the needs of TLI Group’s resource requirement.
- Prepare authorisation paperwork to assist candidates to gain employment following course attendance.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of your work environment, equipment and delegates during your training sessions.
- Review the feedback forms following a course and escalate any concerns raised by the customers to the Safety Centre Manager.
- Involvement in the Authorisation Process/
- All other administrative services requested by other departments, line manager and as authorised by manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: - Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- IT Proficient.
- 2-5 Years recent & relevant experience.
- Previous experience working within the utilities industry.
- Good knowledge of OH & UG electrical network (HV, MV & LV).
- Train the trainer course
- Relevant qualification Fibre Optic Qualification such as City and Guilds or equivalent
- Manual Handling
Desirable Qualifications but not Essential
- Location of Underground Services (CSCS)
- Signing, Lighting and Guarding (CSCS)
- SLG & LUG’s
- Abrasive Wheels/ Concrete Saw Cutting
- LASNTG Certification (Road Opening & Reinstatement – Basic)
- LASNTG Certification (Road Opening & Reinstatement – Advanced)
- Lorry Mounted Crane
- First Aid Response
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction (MSIC)
- AutoCAD and GIS software experience (training provided).
- Engaging delivery
- Knowledge of Learning delivery styles
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal & Organisational Skills
- Pays a high level of attention to detail & quality
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.