Fibre Splicer - SIRO
This job has been closed.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Healthcare Discount
We are currently recruiting Fibre Splicing Technicians for our expanding telecoms department for work in the Leinster region.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules;
- Ensuring that all Fibre works are issued by the ‘Person Issuing the Works’ (PIW) for all Fibre works;
- Operation of optical fibre splicer and production of accurate test results;
- Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fibre-blowing equipment to the required standards;
- Fault finding and resolution on the existing network;
- Ensure change requests are in place in order to work in the live network;
- Checking of splice plans versus SLD to ensure they are correct before proceeding;
- Ensuring POP access keys are utilised as per the Client’s requirements;
- Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with time and quality standards;
- Typical work types include blowing fibre, FTTP, DSLAM splicing and spine;
- Ensuring the quality of the works – Work Pack Façade, MDU & Fibre/Testing Audits are completed for all before Crew moves to the next pack;
- Ensuring materials are available for proposed works;
- Completion of Safety Audits and recording of all real-time deviations;
- Implementing the Stop Register when works are deemed to be unsafe;
- Identification of Good Catches and Near Misses – reporting in same;
- Compiling and signoff of all timesheets for provision to your line manager;
- Return of all required safety and quality paperwork every Monday morning to the HSQE Team;
- As-Builts are returned to the Commercial Team on a daily basis.
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 0 UG SIRO (Will be provided in-house);
- Electrical Awareness (Will be provided in-house);
- Manual Handling;
- Safe Pass;
- Ladder Training;
- FTTx Training;
- FTTx Delivery.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.