Work Placement Engineer
This job has been closed.
- Emphasis on Career development
- Training & Development
- Graduate Pathway
- Employee Assistance Programme
As part of the growing Telecoms Design Team here at TLI Group we are seeking Work Placement Engineers to join the team in 2022 to work on civil & fibre related design works in our Limerick Office.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules;
- Assist in the delivery of all design related duties to an exceptionally high standard;
- Demonstrates active listening skills with customers and internal teams;
- Liaising with customers & the ability to gain confidence with the customer;
- Develop an understanding of fibre network architectures & network topology and adherence to standards, processes and procedures for all relevant policies; &
- Show personal accountability and result oriented behaviour at all times.
Design Outputs & Responsibilities:
- Support the Design Team with assisting in all aspects relating to survey outputs; survey packs, survey reporting & data logging;
- Complete all fibre design related work on AutoCAD;
- Design work will also be complete on ArcGIS, with in-house training provided;
- As-building of the fibre infrastructure utilising work packs returned from site crews;
- Identification of required site investigations and duct routes to be proven;
- Identification of Archaeological & Environmental data for design areas;
- Assist in the production of Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of Quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering;
- Assist in the planning and design a fibre optic network utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build;
- Assisting site crews with fibre rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required;
- Produce reports for submission to our client on schedule and to a continuously high standard required;
- Liaise with the Designers of Towns to ensure sequence of what is being surveyed is what is required and in the correct sequence;
- Site surveying and reviewing network routes;
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents;
- Support the Team responsible for obtaining consents, wayleaves and approvals;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new fibre technologies, build techniques and design innovations to drive improvements in cost, quality and timescales;
- Assist the lead Designer in preparing any information for handover packs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Studying recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Experience in people and line leadership;
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach;
- Commercially astute;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills;
- Proficient in AutoCAD;
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives;
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity;
- Positive and flexible approach;
- Open to innovation and collaboration;
- Right first time approach;
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead; &
- Strong personality and professional attitude
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company's core expertise.
Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within these area's and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity, on time and in budget.
TLI Group is a contractor to SIRO (The ESB/Vodafone Joint Venture), and is tasked with designing and delivering a Fibre to the Building network via the existing electrical network.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We can also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
TLI Group has operated extensively with various clients, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism.
TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of the utility infrastructure and thus providing a safe, reliable and sustainable network for future generations
Our Company Values: Safety – Delivery – Customer – Flexibility – People – Teamwork