Graduate Engineer - BER Assessor
The job has expired.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
- Use of pool vehicle and Fuel card
- Laptop / Tablet
Due to recent expansion and a increase in available contracts, we are very pleased to be resourcing a Graduate Engineer / BER Assessor to help develop to assist in the Pre-Surveying, Quality Assurance, BER Assessing and Customer interaction as our growth continues.
Please note that this role will require travel potentially throughout Ireland, but initially in the Munster region. Dublin travel may also become relevant in the short to medium term. Travel is an essential component of this role.
The role covers support to the management of energy efficient home upgrades including and not limited to external home insulation, plumbing, windows, and loft insulation teams.
- Prepare and issue BER certificates and technical assessments on domestic properties in accordance with SEAI Standards and code of practice.
- Pre Survey Homes to be energy upgraded.
- Carry out post work inspection for QA and produce list of reworks.
- Check and sign off Contractors work.
- Keep up to date on changing regulations.
- Survey various houses for pricing on different energy upgrade schemes.
- Liaise with Homeowners and contractors on various scheme and upload documents to web portals.
- Carryout spot audits on contractor to ensure compliance with scheme regulations and guidance.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding and adherence to standards, processes and procedures for all relevant policies
- Ensure that you understand and demonstrates the key risk principles and that this is at the forefront of everything you do
- Responsible for maintaining relevant service standards for your area and reviewing these where necessary
- Provide expertise and advice on your specialist area that aligns with and supports the corporate objectives, ensuring that at all times this is legally compliant
- Manage and prioritise own workload taking into account your own objectives and those of the wider team
- Create, maintain and enhance working relationships with key contacts across the TLI Group.
- Actively contribute towards departmental plan as guided by manager. Report progress on performance at regular intervals
- Supporting the specification, development and implementation of interventions and enablers to address function relevant issues
- Travel required as part of job.
- Availability to travel essential.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in an industry related field would be beneficial but experience will also be taken into account.
Knowledge of any or all, of the following would be advantageous
- Energy upgrade schemes,
- BER assessments and DEAP,
- Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme
- Insulation upgrade industry.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Ability to work on own initiative once trained / directed
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal & Organisational Skills
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Enthusiastic, willingness to learn and ability to take direction.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.