Site Manager - Home Energy Installations
This job has been closed.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Voluntary Pension
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- All reasonable work-related requirements will be provided.
- Suitable vehicle provided for work-related travel
Due to recent expansion and a increase in available contracts, we are very pleased to be resourcing a Home Energy Installations/Site Manager to help develop this department, and to assist in its continued growth.
Please note that this role will require travel potentially throughout Ireland, but initially in the Munster region. Dublin travel may also become relevant in the short to medium term. Travel is an essential component of this role.
The role covers the management of energy efficient home upgrades including and not limited to external home insulation, plumbing, windows, and loft insulation teams.
The successful incumbent must have a home energy background, and installation experience would also prove beneficial. Experience managing direct employees and sub-contractors, as well as sourcing suitably qualified sub-contractors, is essential for a successful placement. Training in other aspects of the role will be provided.
- Manage the day to day operation of installers on site, direct and subcontract crews.
- Manage materials and lead the installers to ensure effective program plan delivery
- Control the planned work schedule and provide the SAP's (Standard Operating Procedures) to all subcontractors and direct workforce; confirm their understanding; monitor all works to ensure they are completed to the required standard.
- Undertake regular work quality checks and audits on all teams, and advise as appropriate.
- Raise any issues which may adversely affect compliance and amend for re-approval if required.
- Undertake any remaining minor remedial work necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Source and evaluate sub-contractors, and participate when required, in interviewing for additional resources.
- Have a mentoring and training approach to work with your employees to improve the quality of their output.
- Complete or supervise the completion of all relevant paperwork correctly and to high standard, and submit to the relevant departments or the client/s.
- Adhere to any reasonable work instructions given either verbally or electronically by the TLI Group management team or representatives of the Client.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours to encourage contact from clients and employees within reason.
- To ensure that all TLI employees and sub-contractors under your remit,are professional and courteous in their dealings with each other, the clients and members of the public.
- To follow all HR processes carefully and thoughtfully, and to engage with HR when required so as to ensure that employees are treated fairly and positively in all aspects of their work.
- Strictly adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and ensure that the working environment is practical for both yourself and others
- Assume responsibility for the property, materials, tools and equipment of TLI Group, TLI clients or members of the public affected by the installations, and ensure that employees are suitable trained in this regard.
- Attend relevant training courses and briefings as and when requested by the Group
- Any other reasonable work-related duties as requested by your TLI Management team
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of recent relevant experience;
- Knowledge of domestic energy upgrade installations;
- Knowledge of external wall insulation would be advantageous;
- Suitable qualification (e.g. renewable energy, engineering or architectural) would be beneficial;
- Safe Pass or equivalent (CSCS Card);
- Full drivers license;
- Able to travel as duties require;
- Strong organisational & communication skills;
- Excellent computer proficiency in MS Office;
- Initiative, self-motivation, loyalty and a strong work ethic;
- A team player who will bring value and energy to the company, and be rewarded in return.
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.