Graduate Quantity Surveyor - HES
This job has been closed.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
- Laptop / Tablet
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor, specialising in the maintenance and construction of Electrical and Telecommunications infrastructure. Our Home Energy Services department upgrade homes as part of the warmer homes scheme.
TLI Group’s continued growth has been achieved by gaining new and repeat business through building on a solid reputation in the delivery of projects to the highest standard and through forming very strong and valued client relationships.
Our teams have offices in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this position will be based initially at our office in Tralee office with a requirement to assist at other site offices as the work dictates.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and ultimately represent a rapidly expanding company, working at the heart of the business, gaining valuable experience in a multi-faceted role.
- Assist in valuing project Revenue & Subcontractor accruals on a weekly basis and reporting to accounts for compilation of profit and loss reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist for compiling and submitting Payment Applications as per Contract (Monthly or other) on assigned projects.
- Assist for compiling and agreeing monthly subcontractor payment applications on assigned projects.
- Responsible for collating Daily record sheets on assigned projects and ensuring they are sufficiently accurate to facilitate payment on applications.
- Compiling and processing Early Warning notices, monitoring change and ensuring TLI change order process is implemented.
- Responsible for assisting Senior management in forecasting and monitoring project commercials.
- Responsible for ensuring terms & conditions are in place for the project, both on a main contract basis and also with Subcontractors.
- Commercial risk management and tracking through commercial risk registers on assigned projects..
- Work with the Senior Managers to ensure that projects spend costs are in accordance with the tender prices submitted and forecasts.
- Work with the Operation Senior Managers to ensure that the change management processes to capture change are embedded and enforced on all projects.
- Ensure that QS tasks are dealt with in a timely, well presented and accurate manner in line with company commercial systems and procedures. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Client, sub-contractor and consultant applications for payment, final accounts, retentions, invoicing, payments and all associated reports and queries
- Internal cost reports
- Miscellaneous other Commercial Functions
The Ideal Candidate
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent QS qualification (Essential please)
- Commercially astute
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (in particular MS Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating and demanding workload
- Proactive and the capability to think ahead
- Full, clean driving licence and flexibility to travel as required
About The Company
TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivalled safety, quality and professionalism
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.