HV Substation Electrician
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
Due to continued expansion TLI Group is now seeking a HV Substation Electrician to become part of TLI Groups ever growing Electrical Division. This position will require travel to sites in Northern Ireland.
- Minimum 5 of years HV Electrical Experience in Brownfield substations.
- Experience working in both AIS and GIS Swtichgear technologies
- Experience working in a LIVE substation environment
- Valid driving license to drive in Ireland
- Level A Authorisation (5 years plus)
- LA 2/3 Approval
- Experience supervising a team in HV Electrical Substation Works
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules.
- Delivery of substation installation works ensuring adherence with HSQE requirements, personal objectives and those of the wider installation team.
- Responsible to the Electrical Station Supervisor for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of “Everyone Home Safe Every Day”.
- Ensure installation works are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and that control systems are adhered to.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving keys measures in relation to HSQE.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Adherence to HSQE Briefs, safety documentation, uniforms and PPE relevant to substation installation tasks.
- Installation of electrical infrastructure including AIS & GIS HV/LV switchgear, transformers, cables, control and protection, metering, light and power cabling and connection of mobile generators.
- Erection of steelwork for all MV, HV equipment.
- Delivery of installation works in accordance with project programme.
- Provide input to Electrical Station Supervisor for project procurement requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful incumbent must have a several years experience with MV and HV electrical substation installation projects up to 132 kV. Additionally Fundamental understanding of MV & HV electrical equipment installation and LV wiring and cable schedules.
You must also have the ability to pass and maintain the necessary authorisations.
About The Company
TLI Group is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, and the UK.
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.